New member from Pennsylvania...

drobertson725

Just a newbie member from PA... spend time down at the Jersey shore and the last time I was there met a couple with a MD, I did not ask what model or anything because I have no clue what their answer would be but they let me walk with them for a little while and I have to say I was hooked and I didn't even do anything... They were very open to answering any questions and while we were chatting they dug up a couple coins and one earring and a Budlite can... just was really neat... I found Tony Eisenhower YouTube page and started watching his videos and I think I am going to dive in...

I will mostly be using the MD on the beach wet and dry sand... so if anyone has a recommendation for an entry MD I am all ears...

Tony recommended to me to go for the Minelab EQUINOX 600 Multi-IQ Metal Detector ~ 11" Coil & Cover ~ Headphones but this may be a bit out of my price range for a person just breaking into this neat hobby....

so hello everyone

Dave:cool3:

Welcome! I'm new myself so take my advice with a HUGE grain of salt, but I just bought the Bounty Hunter TK4 and tested it out last night. It seems to work really well for an entry device. I've seen many people in this forum suggest it as a good beginners MD.

BUT, don't buy it right now, wait for another person to post some suggestions in case my newbieness is steering you the wrong way. Welcome to the forum tho, great bunch of people in here and some of them are finding some really cool stuff.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Well, for members to better give suggestions on what models to consider let us know what the most your budget can allow right now for a detector.

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Welcome to the addiction. If you are going to do beach and water hunting, just bite the bullet and get the 600 Nox. It's a fair price for the quality and ability. May save on waterproof headset by getting waterproof nox ear plugs off ebay. The beach scoop is another topic altogether...

Another newbie

Hi, I am another newbie from PA, Chester County. I was a member of a MD club in Central NJ some years ago and now live in PA. I'm looking to get back into MD and trying to get to know other folks involved in MD. Any info will be welcome.

Back
Top Bottom