Which new coil for Whites MXT...

deltaf508

Hey everyone...I'm a longtime lurker that bought a MXT several years ago. I've had a lot of fun with it and found some lots of clad (no silver yet) and several rings and pendants. However, I really haven't used it all that much and this year I'm wanting to change that. I'm going to have some extra time on my hands this year and I'm wanting to get out and detect more. I have the standard 950 coil and I've purchased the 6x10 which I primarily use.

If one were to get a new coil for this detector to get down deeper what would you all recommend. Eventually I'd like a new machine that competes with current day tech, but for now I'm just wanting to continue to use this and have the ability to get deeper (I'll probably never sell the machine).

Here's what I'm debating between:
  • Detech 13" Ultimate (leaning towards)
  • Detech 12x10" SEF
  • Detech 10x14" Not seen a lot about this but heard good things about it.

Thanks for any thoughts you all have.

Hey everyone...I'm a longtime lurker that bought a MXT several years ago. I've had a lot of fun with it and found some lots of clad (no silver yet) and several rings and pendants. However, I really haven't used it all that much and this year I'm wanting to change that. I'm going to have some extra time on my hands this year and I'm wanting to get out and detect more. I have the standard 950 coil and I've purchased the 6x10 which I primarily use.

If one were to get a new coil for this detector to get down deeper what would you all recommend. Eventually I'd like a new machine that competes with current day tech, but for now I'm just wanting to continue to use this and have the ability to get deeper (I'll probably never sell the machine).

Here's what I'm debating between:
  • Detech 13" Ultimate (leaning towards)
  • Detech 12x10" SEF
  • Detech 10x14" Not seen a lot about this but heard good things about it.

Thanks for any thoughts you all have.

Detech 12x10. It separates much better than the U13 IMPO, and it matches the depth of the 13. The U13 is overrated. I do primarily hunt in moderate trashy public areas. IN an open field...the U13 may be ok. I own 2 of the U13 coils, one for the FBS units, one for the Whites V3i. Both are the least used coils I own.

Thanks for that information...originally I had been leaning toward the 12x10 until I found the 13". My areas sound similar to yours also. Given this coil is cheaper than the U13 that's another win.

Thanks for that information...originally I had been leaning toward the 12x10 until I found the 13". My areas sound similar to yours also. Given this coil is cheaper than the U13 that's another win.

It is heavier, in case you are a worrier over weight in coils. Good luck either way!

Weight isn't a bother...just want something that reaches a bit farther for some areas that I'd like to hunt with it. Thanks and anyone else that has any thoughts I'm open to hear experiences with it. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom