$700 budget

1willi4

Good evening everyone. Today is my first day on this forum and I'm really liking it already. I have 2 detectors that I inherited from my dad. Both are Fishers, a 1236-X2 and a CZ-7A Pro. I'm wanting to modernize and get a new one. My budget is $700. I'm leaning towards a Minelab X-terra 705 but don't object to a higher end Tesoro. Let me hear your opinions.

Welcome from the Garden State.
You may be able to grab a decent Excal for that or 50 bucks more. Used of course.

A good used Teknetics T2 SE LTD or Fisher F75 LTD :yes: Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit on a new detector:D

Used Minelab Se Pro or Etrac.

Silver killers--don't mind mineral much---deeper than most----great Coin ID/Silver/Copper hunter.

Learning curve not too steep.

Handle's EMI as good as any out there.

Machines seem very reliable too---you see few problems percentage wise

Welcome ! You'll find a decent machine for that money. Are you planning to beach hunt or mostly dirt? I guess being in Florida you could do both and benefit from a beach machine. A minelab sovereign would fit you well.

t2 classic

The teknetics t2 classic is 499 dollars brand new. It seems to be as good or berrer than anything out there and look at the price.

Good evening everyone. Today is my first day on this forum and I'm really liking it already. I have 2 detectors that I inherited from my dad. Both are Fishers, a 1236-X2 and a CZ-7A Pro. I'm wanting to modernize and get a new one. My budget is $700. I'm leaning towards a Minelab X-terra 705 but don't object to a higher end Tesoro. Let me hear your opinions.

Where are you planning to mostly hunt?

If beach only, get a waterproof machine like the fisher cz21 or minelab excal. It would have to be used.

If land only you could go AT Pro, which is what I would do if I were a land hunter. You could use this on the dry sand at the beach but it wont work on the wet sand.

If land and beach and you want new I would get the fisher CZ3D. Its not waterproof but works as well as the CZ21/Excal on the beach and also has non salt mode for land. You would need to take precautions when using any non waterproof machine on the beach.

Welcome! Keep your money in your pocket,, Or Maybe{?} buy yourself a pouch, a good quality digger and a pinpointer!?!? Dont be easily misled or informed by all the "hype"...You already have 2 great units that will find and match/beat plenty out there,,,Good Luck!...:cool:

Welcome!

Like MScope said...You really do have two great rigs, your Dad must have been really into this Sport...take some pics of what you have and post them...one or both of those rigs could have been tweaked by Tom Dankowski...if so, you really got something there that would command a premium on the used market if you were ever going to sell...

you may just want to go ahead and learn both those rigs before you pop for something new...by then, you should have the opportunity to think about, evaluate, which new model you would like to try...It would be cool to run your Fathers gear...a sweet find would make a nice connection in your soul..theres a lot more to this sport than the gear...hang out here and chat...we will help..
Mud

X-Terra 705

I think the X-Terra 705 is a good choice
I can keep you on your budget and the Ultimate Metal Detecting Kit FREE
Give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/gold-metal-detectors/minelab/xterra-705-metal-detector-gold-pack

:roll: "Misled or informed by hype":laughing: The 705 hunts in three different frequencies and is quite capable. Ask Randy Horton if the 705 is "hype". Besides, The OP stated that he wanted to modernize. Thanks for your opinion all the same:D

Welcome! Keep your money in your pocket,, Or Maybe{?} buy yourself a pouch, a good quality digger and a pinpointer!?!? Dont be easily misled or informed by all the "hype"...You already have 2 great units that will find and match/beat plenty out there,,,Good Luck!...:cool:

Welcome!

Like MScope said...You really do have two great rigs, your Dad must have been really into this Sport...take some pics of what you have and post them...one or both of those rigs could have been tweaked by Tom Dankowski...if so, you really got something there that would command a premium on the used market if you were ever going to sell...

you may just want to go ahead and learn both those rigs before you pop for something new...by then, you should have the opportunity to think about, evaluate, which new model you would like to try...It would be cool to run your Fathers gear...a sweet find would make a nice connection in your soul..theres a lot more to this sport than the gear...hang out here and chat...we will help..

Mud

Wow! Those are two great responses to my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if u dont mind a non ID machine, i got a tesoro tejon and it puts my 6 month old at pro to shame in every aspect!
in iron they arent even close to same league! u can surround a coin in square nails and bang a great signal with tejon...with my at pro 1 square nail makes it hard to pull a good signal!
and tejon kills atp depth also

They're actually very good detectors that you have, and the CZ7a Pro will compete with most detectors of today, in fact it's waterproof version the CZ21 is still one of the tip water hunting machines. I used a CZ7 and 7a for years and it's depth is about the same as the high end detectors of today, and with its dual frequency it's able to handle rough soil, and salt beaches. Recovery speed is the only area that modern detectors may be superior, however the CZ was no slouch. If you do decide to upgrade, I'd suggest the Fisher F75 for relics, the Minelab E-trac for park hunting, and the Whites V3i for all around hunting. You can occasionally find them used in that price range.

Your CZ-7a is really a pretty good machine. It goes deep and it finds coins.
You should do some research on that CZ-7a and find out how good of a machine
you have there.

If you do just want a newer one it would help to know what kind of hunting you
plan on doing :)

Rand (nighdigger)

if u dont mind a non ID machine, i got a tesoro tejon and it puts my 6 month old at pro to shame in every aspect!
in iron they arent even close to same league! u can surround a coin in square nails and bang a great signal with tejon...with my at pro 1 square nail makes it hard to pull a good signal!
and tejon kills atp depth also

+1

A few of the suggestions I see would be used units, to stay within your budget.

I don't know about other brands, but if you're considering a used Minelab to get the best bang for your buck, keep in mind the warranty is only good for the ORIGINAL purchaser.

The second buyer is SOL.

Back
Top Bottom