Makro Multi Kruzer a 'HOT' Mess in 4 Tone Mode

Fivepin

Elite Member
Today I want to show you guys what you'll be listening to when using the Makro Multi Kruzer in 4 tone mode. This is the best mode in my opinion, but the background noise of a machine running hot is enough to drive me mad. The Kruzer will sniff out those targets even the deep ones but you will not be getting any peace and quiet while doing it.

https://youtu.be/IMHQv5cnct4

If it runs to hot in 4 tone, put your sensitivity to 99 in 3 tone and it will quiet down and give you almost as much depth as 4tone. Sensitivity above 90 in three tone slows down the processor and gives you more depth. Below 90 it is on fast mode. Factory preset is at 70 in 3 tone.

Whats causing the machine to see all the targets in 4 tones verse 3 tones?
If it runs to hot in 4 tone, put your sensitivity to 99 in 3 tone and it will quiet down and give you almost as much depth as 4tone. Sensitivity above 90 in three tone slows down the processor and gives you more depth. Below 90 it is on fast mode. Factory preset is at 70 in 3 tone.

I think it's because of the loss of depth etc. With the sense below 90 in 3 tone he is losing depth to gain reactivity speed. Take it above 90 he gains the depth again seeing the additional targets.

If it’s like Nokta Impact, 4tone is deeper than 3 tone, but 4 tone is also more susceptible to Emi (equivalent gain settings using 3tone.

I can tell the ops soil is not too mineralized - by the gains in depth it sounds like using 4 tone.

I’ll also bet you compare Mulit Kruzer on those deeper ( 4 tones used to locate) and you try to use AT series detectors using stock coils- you’ll be SOL locating/ detecting the targets.

So a user of multi Kruzer should be happy to pull these deeper targets.

Btw my Nokta Impact behaves very similarly (noise wise), the only problem for me is my soil minerlazation levels won’t let me use 4 tone and get depth advantage.

It's sparky/chattery as hell in 4-tone but that isn't a bad thing to me. The Makro machines don't have a sampled audio so they will give more of a "live" audio report, especially noticeable on mixed metal targets....like older pull tabs and jacketed bullets.

If you want the most out of it run it in 2-tone or 4-tone and you will soon get used to the chatter, much like how a threshold becomes unnoticeable after a bit.

If not run it 3-tone with gain cranked for depth or below 90 for super fast recovery, and it's as calm and civilized as any other brands sampled/processed audio.

Last edited:
Let me preface this, I've never used this detector, but there must be IMO another setting change in 3 tone vs 4 tone mode besides the audio, to affect the depth capabilities.

Its not just depth...I don't know what it is...total different machine on 4 tone...my buddy John has a kruzer too and we both agree, you get 4x the signals on 4 tone...its crazy how much more the machine is picking up in that mode...some deep, some small, some 3 tone just doesn't sound off on....

Let us know, it's EMI or ground minerals because I don't get that chatter and I run it up to 95 in gain.

If it’s like Nokta Impact, 4tone is deeper than 3 tone, but 4 tone is also more susceptible to Emi (equivalent gain settings using 3tone.

I can tell the ops soil is not too mineralized - by the gains in depth it sounds like using 4 tone.

I’ll also bet you compare Mulit Kruzer on those deeper ( 4 tones used to locate) and you try to use AT series detectors using stock coils- you’ll be SOL locating/ detecting the targets.

So a user of multi Kruzer should be happy to pull these deeper targets.

Btw my Nokta Impact behaves very similarly (noise wise), the only problem for me is my soil minerlazation levels won’t let me use 4 tone and get depth advantage.

so have you found a way to adjust the 4 tone to run less chatty without dropping the sensitivity way down?

Secondly even while it's chatting wildly, will it still noticible lock on to a good targets?

so have you found a way to adjust the 4 tone to run less chatty without dropping the sensitivity way down?

Secondly even while it's chatting wildly, will it still noticible lock on to a good targets?

I run my Impact in 4 tone and DI99 modes. I find coil height and ground balance are big factors with the "Chattiness" between targets. When it finds a target, all the noise goes away and it locks solid to what is under the coil. From what I've read thoroughly, Impact has more features but Kruzer is waterproof and they behave similarly. I don't mind the little bit of extra noise.

Ok so I did try the isat settings it didn't' change a thing.
Frequency lvl from 1- 5 does nothing.
Changing to 19khz does quiet the machine...but I find it too sensitive. You will be banging out every half cm piece of trash for days...(They sound as if they're all good targets)...great mode...for cleanup only IMO.

So lets be Clear. 4 Tone is The best mode to use on this machine IMO
It finds the targets, locks onto good signals no problems, its just the sparky in your ears background noise that is running constantly that wears me down and gives me listening fatigue. After two hours of concentrating I know I start to miss deep weak signals...because I am just exhausted from listening so intently to chatter...

I my next hunt I am going to up the gain in 3 tone (close to MAX) the machine is much quieter than 4 tone and I will see if it can find those targets it usually misses in 3 tone with a little more gain.

Try raising your discrimination to around 4 or 5 also in 4 tone. That should get rid of some of the chattiness without affecting depth or loss of targets to much.

When at the beach this year, I enjoyed running 3-tones and 95 sens. or so in dry to half dry sand. I would get solid high tone with no VDI on a target and recheck it, dropping the sens. to 89....gone. On more than just a few targets, they would end up being quarters around 12" down.

I run 3-tone most of the time as it's less work on the ears than 4-tone but I've run a T2 before so I understand the work that need to go on for the best depth out of the unit.

One thing I do enjoy from the Kruzer is that even at fringe depth, bottle caps do not straight high tone. They will give that occasional iron grunt. For that, I do enjoy running the Kruzer.

I've got an invitation to run my Kruzer against the Nox (both a 600 and 800) in the near future and kinda looking forward to it to settle a bit of curiosity!

I can’t get any benefits depth wise here usually in my soil so I opt to run di99and 3rone most of the time.

Also above someone talks of isat setting.
On impact detector (can’t speak about multi Kruzer) when in disc modes I. E. 3 tone, di99,etc, what is in isat window is actuallly imask setting. In AM what is in the window on control is indeed isat.
Running imask lower will yield more depth (some).
I run at level zero all the time with my Impact.
Lower imask will make impact sparkier somewhat.
Beginners using impact may opt for a level 2 setting to get accustomed to unit.

For info concerning this particular topic for Makro Multikruzer and Kruzer see this link page 22.
https://www.kellycodetectors.com/pdf/manuals/Kruzer_User_Manual.PDF
I do notice manufacturer calls what is displayed no mattter if one is using A.M. or disc modes isat.
But the manual does give users some action to take based on howntheormdetecfor is behaving based on soil, etc.

Back
Top Bottom