How was everyones summer?

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Just wondering.
For myself, my wife and I went up to the US for 2 months to visit my folks and get the shots, did a bit of detecting while there but nothing to report as far as finds. Had a great time while we were there, back down south now and getting excited to get back at it after a few house projects I have to do.
Seems awfully quiet on this section, I imagine OBN is still recovering from the incident, KOB and Felix seem to be up to the usual, some European finds posted here and there, surfmaster seems to be hitting the goodies as usual, Meggie is continuing to post up the yellow, Dewcon, Craig and Low Tide seem to be around, heck even Tom is posting here, but it just seems quiet to me.
Everyone okay?

Thanks for the mention Zee.
I've just looked back over the past ten years at my totals up to the 2nd week in September .. the average is 39 gold rings.This year to date it stands at just 16.

Like many of the beaches around the world mine are just too sanded in right now.
Also going back say just 5 or 6 years ago I rarely saw another beach hunter.
Whilst over the past year it's not uncommon to see a handful of newbies out swinging.

On a brighter note most of these newbies have not been seen over the past couple of months .. I suspect the novelty has worn off.
Most have told me they are struggling with their machine (mainly Nox's) to find anything decent, especially gold jewelry.

That being said, like most seasoned beach hunters, it's all about patience and waiting for the opportunities that will eventually occur.

Of the few beaches that I hunt after many years of observation and research I know exactly where I need to be after that perfect storm or Cyclone.
So I'm just biding my time .. it will happen again soon!

All is good here considering, Got one hunt in for May.. Nada .. but it sure felt good to get wet again!..., June I got a few hunts in.. not much to show but I did come across a spot of interest, found some Silver.... Started watching it and the streak started. July 3rd to Sept 4th got 13 straight hunts with gold, and most are class rings. Very Blessed I can hit it once a week, and walk out with some yellow.. Which has made all things easier to deal with, almost like a Fix? All found with the Excalibur except one, the Excalibur gets the job done for my hunt time is limited to 3 to 4 hours.

My new Flag, for those that ask about the 1950's to 1936 Class rings.

Attachments

• 2021.jpg
    2021.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 551
  • ANOTHER ONE FOR THE PILE.jpg
    ANOTHER ONE FOR THE PILE.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 548
all is good here considering, got one hunt in for may.. Nada .. But it sure felt good to get wet again!..., june i got a few hunts in.. Not much to show but i did come across a spot of interest, found some silver.... Started watching it and the streak started. July 3rd to sept 4th got 13 straight hunts with gold, and most are class rings. Very blessed i can hit it once a week, and walk out with some yellow.. Which has made all things easier to deal with, almost like a fix? All found with the excalibur except one, the excalibur gets the job done for my hunt time is limited to 3 to 4 hours.

My new flag, for those that ask about the 1950's to 1936 class rings.

😳😳😳😳😱😱😱👏👏👏👏

Z

No gold but made 750 .00 Tuesday when my phone took a dip , not much here but fresh drops , don't hunt much anymore to many hobbies , crabbed Tuesday, little boat , fishing big boat next week , astronomy has me hooked , bike week next week , sorry I am not a Avid hunter like people on this thread , but gold is no big deal to me , or what I find , it's the exercise at my age is important , people who make comments , I let them know , enjoying life here the way I want , that's all that matters , happy hunting , new flash Dr. F GOT CAUGHT lied , on internet feed .later .

June, July was a time to breath. Decompress.
Spent time with family. A little surfing.
Since August I've been back up to my neck in Covid.

In Georgia: hot, rain, humid, rain, snakes, more rain, weeds taller than me, more rain. One night 3.5 inches in 1 hour and constant lightning.

So took a break from civil war relic hunting. Waiting for first frost, snakes gone, heat gone, humidity gone and hopefully no much more rain. Fall is a great time to Metal detect in Georgia as well as most of the winter and early spring until the cycle repeats itself.

OBN, WOW man, you've been BUSY, WTG boss!
Aquaman, i imagine this all gets a bit depressing for you and it just keeps going, very frustrating!
Maxxkatt, totally understand. My season for hunting the woods is short, maybe december until april, otherwise it's too overgrown and all you would find are snakes.
To everyone else, thanks for checking in, glad to hear everyone is stil laround, active or not. It seems like it's been almost crickets on here when I check in and read everyone's posts.
I'll be back in the water tomorrow, lets see what surfy has for me...

Between taking care of my mom and working been way too busy to think about hobby... but I plan on starting to hunt very soon... my fist stop is in the dirt though.. got permission to detect a very old property and I love dirt hunting... just don't do it enough... I may not post much gold but I'll have fun... :yes:

Low on gold for the year for me but I've killed it on other stuff - sunglasses, Apple watches and phones.

All is good here considering, Got one hunt in for May.. Nada .. but it sure felt good to get wet again!..., June I got a few hunts in.. not much to show but I did come across a spot of interest, found some Silver.... Started watching it and the streak started. July 3rd to Sept 4th got 13 straight hunts with gold, and most are class rings. Very Blessed I can hit it once a week, and walk out with some yellow.. Which has made all things easier to deal with, almost like a Fix? All found with the Excalibur except one, the Excalibur gets the job done for my hunt time is limited to 3 to 4 hours.

Now this just gets my competitive juices going, I can't wait for summer to arrive here so I can plunder my honey hole once again.

Actually things could be better. THE KOB got Kovid ! Yes , even after being fully vaxed. But being in a high risk category , I could have been in serious trouble if I hadn't got the jab. Took about 3 weeks off. Hunt wise , THE KOB has had a horrendous year. Clad is wayyyy down. Ring total is around that 260 range , includes all junkers ( including silver). Gold count stands at 45 , far off my goal of 100 pieces. Now is when I usually start to kill it. But for the most part this year , the conditions have been atrocious. So sanded in and more hunters than I can count. I know a few around here have done far better than me. I've had a few EPIC hunts , but many more were a bust. Very inconsistent. I'm just not seeing major storms on the horizon. I will still have a positive outlook , for I'm grateful to be alive and be able to hunt. I wish you all great healthy hunting success.... Just not here in So.Cal ! 🤣

Last year I started building a cedar strip canoe so this year I have been spending a lot of time trying to finish it. The few times I went detecting earlier this year I got skunked so started detecting less and working on the canoe more. Thanks to FMDF member, Surlysandcrab, who kept encouraging to keep working on the project so now I am almost done:
picture.php

Now that the canoe is nearly done I plan on getting out detecting a little more - just in time for the fall and winter tides.

Last year I started building a cedar strip canoe so this year I have been spending a lot of time trying to finish it. The few times I went detecting earlier this year I got skunked so started detecting less and working on the canoe more. Thanks to FMDF member, Surlysandcrab, who kept encouraging to keep working on the project so now I am almost done:
picture.php

Now that the canoe is nearly done I plan on getting out detecting a little more - just in time for the fall and winter tides.
Now that's nicer than the SS Kitty Kat!

nice rings obn. are any of those stones real? have you found any rings that you.can trace back to someone famous?

Thank you.

nice rings obn. are any of those stones real? have you found any rings that you.can trace back to someone famous?

All of the bigger rings are High School graduation rings, I've never found any worthy stones in them and as far as tracing them, I never waste my time, most of them are dated the 1950's with a few older ones, there is a 1962 in there some where. I do have one small diamond engagement ring in the mix but nothing to get excited about.

way to busy and not enough detecting time. only got out twice, but I found some silver so I can't complain too much

Not much detecting lately. Too busy making concrete statuary molds. You can isolate and still make $:lol:

Back
Top Bottom