Lake Mead

Mead is in my backyard and unfortunately it is OFF LIMITS . You will get a minimum fine of 300.00. I wish I could hunt here as Henderson/Las Vegas simply sucks for hunting bit it's a no go. FEDERAL LAND.

Wouldn't you need a jackhammer to get your targets out ?

Wouldn't you need a jackhammer to get your targets out ?
funny you say that...
I moved from San Diego to Henderson, NV about 3 yrs ago for a few reasons. None of which were for metal detecting sadly. At the time I was able to get a 1.1 million dollar home (in CA) for 1/3 that price in Henderson and it has since doubled. No state tax. Lower cost of living.. so on and so on... With that said when I got out here I knew that Mead was off limits so I had to become a park hunter (blah) or take the free flights that my job affords to San Diego (which has now stopped thanks to Covid times), or head out to AZ and nugget hunt or hit the many many waterfall swim holes..
The parks out here are lame. No history. Maybe 1980's... If you dare for the 1930-1940s stuff you're prone to getting stabbed or shot in N Vegas. HARD PASS.
That's also where the jack hammering needs to come in. I went out there hunting a few times with my open carry sig 9mm and found a few merc's. The ground is concrete hard, your head is on a swivel and its just HOT... HARD PASS.
The southern suburbs that I live in have nice parks with soft soil and green grass and lots of yoga idiots but parks just aren't fun. DANG.... WHY CANT I HUNT MEAD!!! ??? I've been tempted to just get up to my neck in the water and hunt but up to your neck was about 30 ft deep a few yrs ago and there won't be anything but fishing lures. It's receding to fast to even know where the drop spots would even be any more.
So even though I have a huge water area near me with assumably 70 yrs or so of drops, I have to drive 300 miles ea way to the beaches to find a hand full of change and MAYBE just maybe a ring once in awhile.. :(

Back
Top Bottom