My first outings finds

Inkog

Hi all,

Here are most of my finds for the first few times out with the ACE 250, minus the pull tabs, other trash and the modern clad spent on refreshments. Its been really hot here, so I've only got about 4 hours under my belt. Not to bad for a rookie if I do say so myself...

I found 2 wheats 1928 & 1944, the rest I think is just clad. (about $3.85 total including what I already spent) I marked anything older than 25 years in the picture.

The cross is marked but I can't make it out, but it looks real enough to me.

The "whitish" bullet looks oldish and to be of a strange caliber, but I'm at a loss.

The VW Beetle die cast was 8" deep and hit as a quarter 2" down. No markings that I can find.

I still got a lot of old sites to hit. The first I tried was a 115 yr old homestead site. I later found it was once inhabited by an old man who drank lots of beer, and the old pull tabs are scattered everywhere. Between the tabs, old nails, and what looks to be iron ore chunks, I didn't find anything of note except about 3lbs of scrap metal. ;)

Until next time...

Gary

Attachments

• 1st_finds.jpg
    1st_finds.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 171
Hey welcome to the forum Gary. You know, for the first time out you did quite well. I know it was several trips out when I first started before I even found a coin. ;)

Thanks hoser,

I've been lurking on the forum for about a month now, researching detectors and learning the ins & outs of the hobby. I think this provided me with a good head start. I'm still learning the machine but I've been trying to stick with it and dig any hit that doesn't bounce around too much in Jewelry mode. I'm pretty happy with the 250 thus far, although it has some quirks like hitting on the $1 coin if I bump the coil slightly. I'm going to stick with the 250 for a while, but already have dreams of a better machine.

Tonight, I'm hitting some old stone walls I know of that were built in the mid 1800's. wish me luck...

You betcha, good luck on the wall hunt. I know a lot of people do real well hunting them. Have patience, you will learn that machine in short order, and then the fun really begins. :shock: :lol:

Super job there Gary. You're a natural! With those finds it shouldn't be long till you show us some silver. Don't be too quick to give up on those junky areas. The junk could be masking some good finds.

Good Huntin
Kevin

Great first time out Gary. Welcome to the forum. Next time you log on why don't you add the state or area you are from on your profile. It can be very helpful to you and the rest of us as well. You might get some good leads from nearby members. Never know the next door neighbor could be a closet TH er..........Good luck with the "250"........Gil

i think you did alright , its been my experience that alot of detectorist ignore the trashy areas or swing through real quick ( mistake) get a small coil ,go slowly an you'll find some good stuff. some of my best silver finds have been found in trashy sites . and when your finding pull tabs tell your self (it could have just of been a gold ring ) oh by the way this barber half was in a very trashy spot happy hunting inkog

Attachments

• 100_0065.jpg
    100_0065.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 160
Awesome job, i'm pretty new here myself and my first day turned up something just like that with only about 14 cents worth of clod, but oh well, have to start somewhere...:) Good luck and welcome..:) HH

Bri-

Back
Top Bottom