1806 Draped Bust Heraldic Eagle Half Dollar!!

j.d. in missouri

Hello everyone I have been focusing on 2 ghost towns out here in Mo. and I havnt been posting at all...
One of the towns was first settled in 1793 and abandoned in 1889 the little platt map in the pic is the town in 1843 the entire town is on private property most of the cellars holes are left, we have found many items there too many to post here in one post everything has been draped bust - seateds my friend got his first capped bust dime on wendesday there... we have permission from the owner and will have to wait until the fall now to do anymore work there, but a few of my friends wanted me to post this find that was made there so here it is...
I had just gotten done detecting with my DFX for 3 hours I had an 1883 IH to show for that time my buddy was trying a new coil on his Fisher EDGE detector and I decided to take out the T-2... we decided to try to detect along a stone wall together as we were walking towards the wall we were swinging our coils I walked over a large root and with the T-2 I got a 22-90-34 reading no matter what angle I tried I still got the large VDI number in the middle, he was only 2 feet away from me and he used his fisher and said "yeah bud, thats a good signal". so I dug it up and out popped a large disk I picked it up and said "##### I think its a token, I dont recognize the eagle". I took some of the dirt off and said " wait, its says United States of America on it". My buddy took it and turned it over and I saw 1806 I almost passed out!! boy did I let out a scream.
We had to go sit in the car and stare at it..lol lol I never thought in a million years I'd find an American coin that old but the T-2 sure sniffed that out between the trash.
Is it perfect No, but I'll never get rid of it... I'm happy with it I took it to a coin dealer for authentication because it had some strange knots on it... He said he thinks it may be fire damage and that its real because of a die break thats on the front of the coin on the left side near the stars.

you can see this and many more coin s and stories at!!!

www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com

100_0071b.JPG

100_007a.JPG

This belongs in Eye Popping, Mind Blowing, and Fecal Incontinence Inducing finds but thanks for posting it anyway. Awesome work! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Just out of curiosity since I'm from KY, was Daniel Boone in this part of MO?

Even Better Huntin

thanks guys!! there are 10 war of 1812 forts within a 50 mile radius of me I got permission to detect 3 so far... in the fall im gonna be posting some cool old stuff!! I hope :)

Shiver me timbers, that's one heck of a find! Congrats! Now go find more! :yes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom