First Detector - First Find

TinT_C

My NOX arrived today. I quickly assembled it, raced out to the backyard and in seconds found this. At first I thought it was an alien spacecraft fragment but after a little cleaning it's clearly a 1.5" piece of an Easton XX75 Camo Hunter arrow shaft(2216) that was hit by a lawnmower. So now that I'm officially a "detectorist"(One that uses a metal detector to find and dig up trash) I think I'll just go kick back and actually read the manual!

Attachments

• FirstFind.jpg
    FirstFind.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 281
Congrats on your first hunt and your first find! Enjoy your hobby - and your new status as an official metal detectorist! :yes:

My first detector, I bought at an outlet store for $25. It's sole purpose was find my Easton XX75 arrows when I missed the back stop. It paid for itself many times over. LOL The one you found definitely wasn't one of mine. I used 2219's
:laughing:

Had to give up archery due to having antique shoulders. The pain from drawing the bow got to the point that I could no longer practice enough to feel secure trying to slip an arrow behind the front shoulder of a white tailed deer.

So I took up metal detecting. While I occasionally find something that raises my heart rate it does not compare to the adrenaline flow that I got from watching an arrow disappear as it went thru the lungs or heart of a whitetail.

In case no one has told you Metal Detecting can be a very addicting hobby.

My first detector, I bought at an outlet store for $25. It's sole purpose was find my Easton XX75 arrows when I missed the back stop. It paid for itself many times over. LOL The one you found definitely wasn't one of mine. I used 2219's
:laughing:

The funny thing is I don't remember ever completely losing loosing one(bent a lot of them) and definitely never hit one with the mower. Guess it will remain a mystery.

Had to give up archery due to having antique shoulders. The pain from drawing the bow got to the point that I could no longer practice enough to feel secure trying to slip an arrow behind the front shoulder of a white tailed deer.

So I took up metal detecting. While I occasionally find something that raises my heart rate it does not compare to the adrenaline flow that I got from watching an arrow disappear as it went thru the lungs or heart of a whitetail.

In case no one has told you Metal Detecting can be a very addicting hobby.

My shoulder is showing signs as well. There are a lot of similarities between bow hunting and metal detecting. The sound of a target tone and the crackling of hoof steps in the leaves behind your tree(where you can't see). The digging up a twisted piece of aluminum and the realization that the crackling is just a squirrel! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom