Another silver ring, plus a skull ring and a diamond bracelet!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
First off... Lamest diamond bracelet ever. It was stamped BGE, so I looked it up on the spot. It's a Bradford Exchange bracelet... cost someone $79. It's stainless steel with a real diamond. Durn it. Why not silver? Still though, it was better than NOT finding a diamond, today!

I feel bad for the little kid who lost it (it's got an inscription from grandma that says something like "for my precious grandaughter, may you always be protected and watched over". Looks like standard inscribing from Bradford exchange. I'll probably post it on Craigslist and see if anyone bites. Doubtful, but who knows. It was down in the dirt a bit (at least a month or more), and the picture is shown cleaned up.

The skull ring came next (and in one of my favorite elementary schools, as I was finding pretty much nothing in the other soccer field, other than the bracelet). Staples not found in the park... found in my office drawer. LOL

Then was the silver ring, to end the day, right out of the bark lot. Rang up a solid 83. Figured it was a ring, and kicked the bark aside. yep. Neat little one, too. It's from Thailand, and has FREEDOM inscribed on the inside with characters on the outside (assuming it means the same thing). Marked Thailand, and 925 TMA.

Pulled about $2 in change, too. about 90 minutes total hunting.

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 370
Great finds skippy congrats!

Thanks. What's weird is that it really felt like a lackluster hunt, even though it really wasn't. I finally figured it out, though. It's because I barely dug any trash!

In this hunt, it was pretty much a bit more than a couple dozen coin targets, a large hammer (yeah... a HAMMER), a big flat metal piece, and 3 bits of can slaw. That's a total of 5 pieces of trash dug across about 3 dozen total targets.

It was just weird. Made me feel like I wasn't digging very much, but when I got home, there was plenty there! I keep that particular park pretty clean, but it's weird to go out and swing, and barely pull any trash. Signals were VERY far apart, too. There were multiple soccer field lengths were I didn't encounter a single target. But then I'd turn the corner, and there'd be a coin spill. Enough to keep it interesting, but kind of boring!

Cheers,

Skippy

Good finds, not a bad day at all! I know what you mean though, I hunted a soccer field not long ago and there was not anything there. Nothing. Then a penny, then another, then nothing. After an hour of nothingness I left for more interesting grounds!

Cool rings and bracelet!

Been awhile since I've found much good at tot lots.

The kids have been in school for a month now. I expect there's probably a small amount of jewelry in pretty much every school tot-lot across the city. My son and are are going to make the rounds this evening and hit bark after bark, to see what we can dig up. ;)

I'm sure I'll post finds, later!

Hopefully, my suspicions are not unfounded!

The kids have been in school for a month now. I expect there's probably a small amount of jewelry in pretty much every school tot-lot across the city. My son and are are going to make the rounds this evening and hit bark after bark, to see what we can dig up. ;)

I'm sure I'll post finds, later!

Hopefully, my suspicions are not unfounded!

Nope, your guesses are spot on. I haven't had time to hit many since spring, but because of summer and the start of school, the ones I did hit have been producing well. Many quarter spills and knickknacks everywhere. It adds up. Congratz on your finds!

Back
Top Bottom