Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

firewxman

Forum Supporter
I hate Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Anyone who has or knows a 2-5 year old child probably agrees. I guess it's the over the top PC theme each show or maybe it's that Daniel wears a red sweater but no pants. Whatever, I can't stand the show. Another thing that bugs me is that the tiger family is largely vegan. Show me a real tiger that doesn't like a hamburger with a side of gazelle bacon?

My 3 year old little girl loves daniel. Guess what we're watching today?

What children's show do you dislike? Why?

I hated Barney. It was banned in my house.

I introduced the kids to some shows I watched when I was a kid like Fraggle Rock and the Smurfs. Just downloaded several episodes, burned onto dvd and then played with dvd player on the tv. I could totally watch those for hours with the kids and it didn't irritate me since I watched them when I was a youngster.

Dora the explorer is annoying too.

Last edited:
You really have to pay attention to some of the kid shows available nowadays. Even some parts of shows like Sesame Street can have an "agenda" that they are trying to pawn off on your child. Most of it's innocent enough but sometimes the messages make you go, "What? I don't want my 4 year old thinking about things like that..."

Dress up day

So rather than celebrate Halloween, the Tiger family celebrates "dress up day" with the neighborhood. UGH! Instead of candy, the "kids" got stickers. SMH. PC police out in full force.

Tele tubbies

I worked in a toy store my senior year in high school. I'll never forget the tele tubbies that would repeat what you said. Needless to say me and my other toy selling colleagues would "teach" the tubbies a new cuss word each day. When an unexpecting parent or kid...oops...would squeeze the tubbie out would come an expletive. Haha. We would get more complaints from pissed off parents yelling that our toys were teaching their kids naughty words. Of course we always blamed other patrons or the Chinese factor workers. Yes, that was wrong.

That Calliou show is pretty awful. I don't even allow my little girl to watch it, because I don't want her to pick up on the little boys attitude. In it, he is a self entitled little jerk and he is always disappointed if he doesn't get his way. He is very self centered.

Ok, so I'm starting to start this cycle all over again.

Ten years ago or so I would evilly laugh at all of you for go through what I had, you know the evil Mr Burns evil laugh. However at that time I did not have the foresight or intelligence to realize my kids would have kids and this has come back to haunt me.

My penalty is that I am forced to watch hour after hour of Max & Ruby and curious George with the Granddaughter.

Ten years ago or so I would evilly laugh at all of you for go through what I had, you know the evil Mr Burns evil laugh. However at that time I did not have the foresight or intelligence to realize my kids would have kids and this has come back to haunt me.

My penalty is that I am forced to watch hour after hour of Max & Ruby and curious George with the Granddaughter.

Nope, you're not forced to. That's what they want you to think...

Get that grandkid outside away from the tv and do your own exploring. I know it's easier said than done, but they will be grateful you did!

MY daughter who has autism just loves Courage the Cowardly dog. Which really is a pretty decent cartoon. I get a kick out if it but the issue is she finds cobbled together things on youtube of just Courage screams that she listens to over and over at full blast on her Ipad. Normally around midnight just outside our bedroom door when trying to sleep.

I worked in a toy store my senior year in high school. I'll never forget the tele tubbies that would repeat what you said. Needless to say me and my other toy selling colleagues would "teach" the tubbies a new cuss word each day. When an unexpecting parent or kid...oops...would squeeze the tubbie out would come an expletive. Haha. We would get more complaints from pissed off parents yelling that our toys were teaching their kids naughty words. Of course we always blamed other patrons or the Chinese factor workers. Yes, that was wrong.

:goodpost:
among the funniest things I have seen on here all year!
Thank you for sharing

I don't mind George. Haha. Actually I'm kinda sad now that my daughter has "outgrown" him.

MY daughter who has autism just loves Courage the Cowardly dog. Which really is a pretty decent cartoon. I get a kick out if it but the issue is she finds cobbled together things on youtube of just Courage screams that she listens to over and over at full blast on her Ipad. Normally around midnight just outside our bedroom door when trying to sleep.

I've never seen this show. Is it on PBS?

Nope, you're not forced to. That's what they want you to think...

Get that grandkid outside away from the tv and do your own exploring. I know it's easier said than done, but they will be grateful you did!

Outdoors is where it's at. I just wish my 3 year old could swing a detector! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom