Anyone with iPhone?

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Just curious is all. I bought mine back in Oct 2007, what is that, 4 months after they came out? My 4GB I got for $299. Are any of you current iPhone users going to fork over the cash for the new 3G enabled models? The 16GB only being $299 will probably have Apple cashing in on me again, haha... but I'm sellin g my current one to my father for $100, so it's seems pretty good to me.

I have an iphone and will probably not be upgrading anytime soon. Here is a why: While the new small G3 will only cost you $200 dollars up front, you are now forced to sign a 2 year agreement with AT&T at signing. So what you say? The new 3g service will cost you an extra $10 dollars a month for the faster network access, so over the life of the contract that's $240. So all that great money you thought you saved up front actually costs you more in the long run. I think I will skip this one and wait for the next new model.

Fair enough... though oddly, the yearly difference in the old iPhone vs new iPhone in data plans and rates and whatnot is nominal. I'm not too concerned with having to sign a new 2 year agreement, I have no intent on changing providers, or unlocking my phone for use on other carriers, so no big deal. For someone like me who travels globally for half the year, having a phone like the iPhone, is a must. The new 3G capability will make it just that much more enjoyable.

What I DON'T like is being forced to use AT&T. Tons and tons of dropped calls. People are starting to get annoyed with me :lol:

Yeah I was an AT&T customer for years till cingular bought/merged with them. One day years ago, I needed a new phone but they told me they weren't going to support the old technology any longer as they were switching to a newer system. So I bought one of their fancy new phones. Tried them out for about 10 days then gave up on their new technology! Too many dropped calls! Always laugh when I see their ads about being the most reliable network around. Maybe it is now but I'm not willing to forgive them after they screwed me over the new phone I returned but never received a credit. When they sent me to collections, I called them up and they acknowledged they received the phone and told me to ignore the collection notice. Few months go by and I get a call from collections again, I called AT&T and now they said they could do nothing about it cause they didn't keep my account info anymore. So to preserve my credit I had to pay the collections company for a $250 phone that I had already returned. Sorry for the rant- I still get worked up whenever I think about it.

Sorry to get your blood pressure up again :)

Sounds like a very bad experience.

No need to apologize- not your fault. It was a bad experience- it was basically being forced to do something against your will and feeling powerless to do anything about it!

Back
Top Bottom