How Do I Add a Picture?

quicksilver

When I click the attachments, I then select my picture and it says it is too big. How do I make the picture small enough to view on the website?

before you try to upload a picture, put it in a directory on your hard drive, then open the directory. Right click the picture and look fro resize. When you see it change to small. Then when you upload your picture be sure to upload the one marked (small). Should work...

Instructions on posting pictures

Is there a post kicking around somewhere that gives nice, clear and concise instructions on how to add a picture to a post?

Thanks

I have the same question. I am new to this forum. I know how to use Photobucket, but how do people get the image into their posts?. I don't see them posting links, the pictures are just there with their message.

I have the same question. I am new to this forum. I know how to use Photobucket, but how do people get the image into their posts?. I don't see them posting links, the pictures are just there with their message.

I use photobucket if the manage attachments says my picture is too big but I've been lucky recently and have been posting just my pics..

As far as I know, there are 3 ways to post a picture on the forum.

-One way, (which are the posts that have sentences inbetween them) are posts where the picture is a url.
You click the picture icon and a screen will appear, this is where you can enter the url if your picture is located on another website, such as photobucket.

Do you have the icons like below? If not you need to go to your UserCP and change your text editor to the STANDARD EDITOR

-Another way is to scroll down past the text box, and click on "Manage Attachments"

When you click on "manage attachments" a screen will pop up where you can browse to the picture on your harddrive, then be sure to click upload.

Once you upload the pic it will be automatically attached. You can add up to 5 pictures but the total kilobytes for the pictures cannot exceed 195k. Then just close the Manage Attachments screen, and click submit.

Hope this helps
Carol K

Attachments

• insert-image.jpg
    insert-image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 453
  • enter-url.jpg
    enter-url.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 466
  • manage-attachments.jpg
    manage-attachments.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 453
  • upload-jpg.jpg
    upload-jpg.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 435
I have been using MS Paint to resize. Which is under Programs and then Accessories. I click Image at top then Stretch/Skem. I use 25% in both Horizontal and Vertical and click OK. Then save to hard drive on desktop so I can check the size and that ussually does it for me.

When you reply to a thread or start one, click on the paper clip to the right of the fonts, then click browse, find file and then upload it.

Back
Top Bottom