What did the CTX 3030 miss?

Hey guys, hit a small park that has been hit hard and thoroughly grided many hunts by a CTX 3030. Hunted about 2.5 hours. I was swinging my T2 right next to some of their holes and picked up some great finds. Both the silver quarter and silver dime were two feet from plugs dug previously by the 3030 hunter. Ended up with three silvers (one was a war nickel), a buff, wheat penny and a tiny gold plated pin. I think the 3030 is a great detector. I am not knocking it but moral of the story - never give up on a area because someone says a Minelab has gone through "many, many" times... cause everyone misses stuff.

I agree, I am tending to ignore certain numbers when curbstripping with my Eq 800, like low tones except for #13 and 14.

No that makes total sense. The 3030 user may have missed them. Perhaps that’s more what I meant. I’ve also went back to the same spots over and over again. I know a lot of it has to do with conditions, etc. But this guy also has a lot of experience with the machine, and I found these targets in his small grid zones (three of them) were right in between five of his plugs a long a narrow strip they worked many, many times. Some of the items we’re slam dunk easy signals like the quarter. Just saying.

Main thing is YOU FOUND them for whatever reason. YAHOOO! Good job !!!!

Local park that has been detected by a variety of machines over the years. First time I completely covered it I found a respectable amount of clad and one silver Washington.

Subsequent visits have yielded 4 more silver coins. I had trouble believing that I had missed four silver coins.

Property next door gave up a number of wheat pennies the first time I covered it completely. No silver. But subsequent visits have produced 9 silver coins.

I thought that I was covering everything carefully but obviously I did not.

Pretty crazy what we all miss! My friend and I thoroughly covered a yard last summer. The front yard had a super small section we both graded several times as I found a three silver dime spill. We hit it this summer after a rain and my buddy pulls out a walker his first signal. I know we walked over it last year and he said it was a slam dunk signal too.

Back
Top Bottom