Some Times it Pays to be Lucky rather than Good!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Some times it pays to be lucky than good.

I was supposed to hit a 1920 permission house this morning but the owner wasn't there... So I hit an elementary school nearby that we have pounded over the years. Found $1.72 in clad.

Went to Albertsons to do some food shopping for a party my wife is having and checked the Coinstar machine (always do...). Jackpot:wow:, a BUNCH of coins in the discard bin...

On the way out of the grocery store I checked the finds and in the $2.04 in rejects I found a 1956D Rosie dime... Score!

I am trying to close out the Fiscal Year with as much "silva" goodness as possible...I have one more day before the counter clicks over to '0' again.

Attachments

• 09_29_2018.jpg
    09_29_2018.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 619
  • 09_29_2018 Dime.jpg
    09_29_2018 Dime.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 571
Unreal! My Coinstar haul yesterday was at an Albertson's, too - with almost the same results, about 2 bucks clad and a silver. Glad to see the luck is spreading!

Last week I found a religious pendant, a silver Angel coin, an AA chit and....an earring. The earring has no markings but looks to be well made and my diamond tester went off when I checked the stones!!!

Attachments

• 0F157C84-EE9B-4661-9479-C0B9E7D16E77.jpg
    0F157C84-EE9B-4661-9479-C0B9E7D16E77.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 5213F6DC-876B-4C36-8B90-4774341474CC.jpg
    5213F6DC-876B-4C36-8B90-4774341474CC.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 414
I am beginning to think that yall are pulling my leg when it comes to coinstar finds. If six years I have found one coin in one of those machines. One clad dime in all the times I have checked one. I always check every time I am in a store or place of business with one. I think that someone in my area must have a route that hits all of those machines on a daily basis. Oh I have found some crumbs of dirt in them.
Heck I do better digging corroded zincolns at the beach.

By the way that is a nice grab.

Nice score! Coinstar timing luck seems to be hard to come by around here.
Hope you can squeeze in more silver tomorrow! GL & HH

Yea, I am looking at the weather and I am not sure I am going to go out today....best to be thankful for what I have found in the last 12 months in the PNW.

Last week I found a religious pendant, a silver Angel coin, an AA chit and....an earring. The earring has no markings but looks to be well made and my diamond tester went off when I checked the stones!!!

Congrats, you have done well!

I am beginning to think that yall are pulling my leg when it comes to coinstar finds. If six years I have found one coin in one of those machines. One clad dime in all the times I have checked one. I always check every time I am in a store or place of business with one. I think that someone in my area must have a route that hits all of those machines on a daily basis. Oh I have found some crumbs of dirt in them.
Heck I do better digging corroded zincolns at the beach.

By the way that is a nice grab.

George, believe me, I rarely find anything in the coinstar around here...sometimes I find a handful of coins, the other day was a "lucky strike" of coins. The Rosie was just icing on the cake. That dime was only the second time in 6+ years of looking that I found silver in the rejects. I am with you and your experience.

Well done, always nice to get some free coins and silver :)

Extra nice...I befriended a local gas station attendant that has a machine in their store and she has found silver in the past and "holds" it for me...

I must agree, I would rather be lucky then good.
Congradulations on your coinstar silver . 👍
I more often forget to check the machine when I walk into and out of the store.
Shame on me .. can't get lucky if I do not play.
HH,
Dew

Don't know how I missed this post. Nice way to end your fiscal year Paul, 2 rosies this week! Doesn't matter how you got them, I say well done. :grin:

Great coinstar dig! I found a few silvers in them over the years....and I always look.

Nice , congrats ! My Coinstars haven't produced for me in some time now . The other day I put some coins in the local coinstar and when I turned in the voucher I got a 1945 S War Nickel as part of the coin change from my payoff . That evening I went out for a short hunt and found four cents .:lol:

End your fiscal year with a nice find and start the new on that 1920's permission Paul. Heck you may have an explosion there waiting. Congrats on the Coinstar Rosie. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom