Great Tomato and Pepper Harvest. Salsa All Done.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Today was our family's annual salsa canning day. All from the garden (except the onions). We all cried chopping peppers and onions. It was worth it! 30 pints of homegrown salsa. I might have time for a night hunt tonight after all!

Attachments

• 20180922_191952_resized.jpg
    20180922_191952_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180922_210122_resized.jpg
    20180922_210122_resized.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 112
Looks really good !!!! :eat3: :lol:

…...but I counted only 28 pints, maybe it was so good that y'all ate 2 of them already :lol:

Haha. Thanks. Good eye. Nothing gets past you! 2 pints went straight to the fridge.

Man! That sure does look GOOD! Nothing like making things at home!...tinkering with the old handed down mix and getting it just right for you!! Good on ya! I'm drooling all over the keyboard! Man, on omelets, steaks, chipsNcheese!...whatever!...You better double up on that batch! Its fitting to be a long Winter Stiffy!

Looks so dang good! Does the sterilize/heat/cool process seal and preserve the others?

Man, not kidding, looks so good :drool:

Very nice, always a good feeling to know you have that much good food tucked away!

Looks great, I love homemade salsa.

Man! That sure does look GOOD! Nothing like making things at home!...tinkering with the old handed down mix and getting it just right for you!! Good on ya! I'm drooling all over the keyboard! Man, on omelets, steaks, chipsNcheese!...whatever!...You better double up on that batch! Its fitting to be a long Winter Stiffy!

Nothing better than home made!

Thanks guys! We do it every year and we have no problem consuming it all before next season! We put it on most anything.

Looks so dang good! Does the sterilize/heat/cool process seal and preserve the others?

Man, not kidding, looks so good :drool:

We do sterilize the bottles and bottle the salsa boiling hot. All the lids set and they have no problem saying good for a good 12 months. For real long term storage you'd have to heat pack the bottles in boiling water. We dont bother because we eat it so fast. We just check that the lid hasnt "popped" before we use a new bottle.

EDIT: My wife just told me that the way that we bottle it is considered unsafe. "Open kettle canning" Our families have done it this way for generations. I'll take my chances. Haha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom