And so my luck continues.

WOOT! Got out and did my first hunt since breaking my hip 3 weeks ago. Hunted one tot lot. Didn't find anything but felt so good to get out and swing again. Going to try another tomorrow. I've got to be careful because I shouldn't be up without a walker much less out swinging a metal detector.

I talked my Dr in to letting me work but he limited me to 3 hours a day and I can't leave my desk so I work from 10:00 - 1:00. I don't have to work at all because I'm salary and it's workmans comp, but as the only network administrator for the local hospital I have obligations to fill so I work.

I pray you have a fast and complete recovery.

Speaking as a guy whose body is full of metal, from my skull to groin, here's some advice. Avoid the airport. :laughing:

WOOT! Got out and did my first hunt since breaking my hip 3 weeks ago. Hunted one tot lot. Didn't find anything but felt so good to get out and swing again. Going to try another tomorrow. I've got to be careful because I shouldn't be up without a walker much less out swinging a metal detector.

I talked my Dr in to letting me work but he limited me to 3 hours a day and I can't leave my desk so I work from 10:00 - 1:00. I don't have to work at all because I'm salary and it's workmans comp, but as the only network administrator for the local hospital I have obligations to fill so I work.

Wow Terry, that was a speedy recovery from a very serious break!!

Don't over do!

Thanks for the Update! Good on ya for getting out! ...

See if your medical will cover a Hoveround? Those are twist throttles like a mini bike I think!:laughing: Really happy for you though...not too long ago a break like that would put a guy in the meathouse...

Last edited:
Glad to hear you made it out, take it easy though, no need to press your luck!

Yup! Glad you got out and a tot-lot is probably the easiest at this point but man, take it easy easy!!! Time you’ll be back at it full bore. Glad things are going well with recovery!

Been there done that. It hurts worse than what you described. Er doctor said it isn't broken and sent me home. After 4 days of pain my wife (RN) called and got me in to see the Ortho type and he told me it was broken even before the CT. Do what the MD's tell you and you will recover in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom