How Deep is the AT Max?

Bomberman

I was joking with a friend about how deep the AT Max will detect and told her that I would be digging Chinese coins. :laughing: Well, what do you guess would be the first target I dug with the Max? Yep...a Chinese coin (or replica of one). :shock: Granted this thing is small and it was down about 9 inches in sand at a freshwater lake but the Max just nailed it solid...never a doubt. It fell through my scoop three times before I was able to identify what I had. Funny how things work sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 306
I like how some people (haters) are claiming the MAX is just hype or a marketing ploy. No, it really does have a knack for small, deep targets. Nice work!

Well im no sand hunting expert, but dont you generally get better depth in sand vs. Dirt anyways? That's a really cool coin, congrats!

Well im no sand hunting expert, but dont you generally get better depth in sand vs. Dirt anyways? That's a really cool coin, congrats!

Yep you called it. More depth in sand for me compared to soil. Nine inches is pretty common for small targets on the beach with my T2. Many items deeper too.

:wow2: You literally called what your very first find with the AT-Max would be! How many people can say that? :?: Very sweet finds, Bomberman! :thumbsup:

Yeah, Moisture helps. My favorite time to detect here in Wisconsin is right as the ground is thawing out down to about a foot. When its that soft you need boots and knee pads (water proof ones) to stay dry but you dont need a shovel or lesch. Only need a good long straight edge screwdriver with about a 9-12" shaft on it. "Feel" the coin, slide the flat edge under the coin and pop it out. LOTS of depth with all that water in the dirt. Right now??? Even my MAX is having issues getting dimes deeper than about 6".

Back
Top Bottom