Oil change savings site

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
We all like to save some $$$, so I figured I would share this. Been using it for several years to get oil changes. With my vehicle taking 6 quarts, I figure it usually averages less than $13 per full oil change. Just 6 quarts bulk conventional and filter, but if I did it myself the filters are $9 each for my vehicle so I can't beat it. Might save others several bucks as well...

Basically you locate a participating oil station near your zipcode, buy one of the the 3 oil change cards (usually about $16-$25 with code, plus $2 mail fee I think) and in a week you recieve the card. Go there, get your oil change, they punch the card, charge you per quart over 5 quarts, disposal fee for oil, and you're done. I can't even buy the supplies that cheap so it's a win-win if there is a participating station near you.

Enter your zip code here and see if this might work for you:

http://planetsupersaver.com

Synthetic will cost more if you use that and it has other savings things on the card as well ($500 in savings, yeah right...anyways). I just use it for oil changes and it has saved me a ton. Been using them for years now and never any issues. Hope they can save you some $$$ too.

If you need help navagating the site, let me know. No need to subscribe or enter your email before searching your area. Normal price is always $80 but with the promotion codes sent every month, they bring it down to $16 as a low and $25 as a high. $16 is the lowest I've ever seen the special for, usually about $20 to $25 which is still a great deal!

Huh! Well I'll be a SOB! Thats a hell of a deal there! Still, for some strange reason I like to work on my own cars...I dont know why with deals like this! I do not trust anybody I guess, especially with brakes! I do my own...If Ima gonna get killed, In that last split second, when I mash on the binders and they are just not there...I want only myself to blame I guess......

If I burn up my engine its my own fault.... sometimes those damn quick change places strip out the drain plug or screw on the new filter with way more torque than necessary, and that chaps my @ss too...

They have a sale on oil at the local Dollar Store right now..."2 qts for the price of one"....so yeah...I partook of that....

I dont know, as sloppy as I am.....I'm only fussy about a few things in Life...'Food Prep and Automobile Maintenance'....Oh Yeah, outboard motors too...thats a given of course...aint no 'Tripple A' coming to get me out on the bayou...
Mud

Huh! Well I'll be a SOB! Thats a hell of a deal there! Still, for some strange reason I like to work on my own cars...I dont know why with deals like this! I do not trust anybody I guess, especially with brakes! I do my own...If Ima gonna get killed, In that last split second, when I mash on the binders and they are just not there...I want only myself to blame I guess......

If I burn up my engine its my own fault.... sometimes those damn quick change places strip out the drain plug or screw on the new filter with way more torque than necessary, and that chaps my @ss too...

They have a sale on oil at the local Dollar Store right now..."2 qts for the price of one"....so yeah...I partook of that....

I dont know, as sloppy as I am.....I'm only fussy about a few things in Life...'Food Prep and Automobile Maintenance'....Oh Yeah, outboard motors too...thats a given of course...aint no 'Tripple A' coming to get me out on the bayou...
Mud

I prefer to do my own auto work also. Changed out my rear rotors and brake pads about a month ago. I have a friend that owns an auto shop and I've helped him out when he lost the lease on his building a few years ago, and was still trying to maintain his customer base from his house till he could get the price right to move into another shop. Plenty of long nights of pulling engines and moving cars around maintaining basic stuff. I usually go through him for parts and fix myself at his new shop, but I can't even compete with the oil change deal I posted. Even at shop costs, oil and filter would be about $20 without having to slide under the car.

I just stand out front of the garage while they do the oil change and smoke a cig or two to make sure they replace the filter and cap off the oil. Talk some auto junk and then they try to sell me on an air filter or transmission flush, which I decline of course because I can do those cheaper. Normally, I'd always recommend to do the work yourself if you have the tools and know how, but on a deal like this where even just the parts would cost significantly more, it just can't be beat.

PS...There is the option of a physical card (they mail to you) or a digital voucher, I always get the physical card so I can't lose it and just keep it in my glove box. Not sure how well the digital vouchers work, so might be best to just opt for the physical card. FYI

Seems like with newer cars they all want that specially oil, which means you pay more. Places quoting like $90 just because they only have the oil you need in their premium form. At this point I do the changes myself and save quite a bit.

I spent 10 years as a heavy equipment mechanic in the Air Force and haven't changed my own oil in years. Garage I take mine to actually comes to the house, picks the vehicle up for me and drops in off before I'm even home from work. They still get it done for under what it would cost me to go out and buy the oil and filter and I don't need to worry about wating till the sun goes down to dump the old oil down the nearest storm drain (yes, that is sarcasm, so you enviromentalists can back off, at least the storm drain part) Still do most of the normal maintence on the Jeep, brakes, lights, etc. Leave the other stuff like tires and exhaust to the garage since I don't have to tools to mess with them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom