Just wondering

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Just Wondering?

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for
help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal
government hasn't solved the problem? Asking where the FEMA trucks and
trailers are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels
in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees
that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of
cannibalism and shooting at helicopters? (which never happened in N.O.
either, BTW)

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever
again?

I was wondering the same thing.

Maybe they are waiting to see if the Mississippi River will flood too?

Steve,

You and I need to sit and drink a beer sometime. We speak the same language! Amazing difference, change the location and it's a whole different story. I feel very bad for these folks. For all those wondering, you can go to your local red cross and specify a donation to aid this region of the country. God be with them at this time. Thanks for bringing this up as a post Steve.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Tragedies tend to bring the best or the worst out in people, and this one is still young. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Willie Nelson doesn't put on a benefit concert. But most important of all, the Midwest is down to earth, and people will do everything they can to help.

Good post - I just saw a story the other day that there are still people living in hotels at government expense in the Katrina area. What is it, going on three years?

I have been wondering the same thing. After Katrina Mississippi and Alabama was just a footnote to N O. There was much more damage and lives lost in Mississippi than anywhere else.

A reporter asked Bush on his thoughts about Roe VS Wade. His reply was, " Is that how they are getting out of the flooded cities?"

Good post - I just saw a story the other day that there are still people living in hotels at government expense in the Katrina area. What is it, going on three years?

I've been to East New Orleans three times since December 07, most recently about 2.5 weeks ago (I fly out on helicopter for work outta NO) and I can tell you straight up, MOST of East New Orleans, looks like Katrina hit yesterday, minus the water. Hardly any services or anything is back up. Six Flags is a rusted craphole, the only thing that seems to be doing anything in that part of the city limits is NASA.

Edit: Here are some pics from 2 1/2 weeks ago, E. NO.

l_decc3ab813b47927a571b15742b66d58.jpg

l_7fc967b61138ff36ea7f231c353929f2.jpg

l_fbaf7142929ce0c4c161fd595f8896a9.jpg

l_49c72b30e425d4137cfc677940106acf.jpg

Last edited:
It is sure enough a great shame that everything is still as it was. Had it been Washington DC or NYC it would have been cleaned up a long time ago. I am NO fan of big government and the least they can stick there nose in our business the better. Although, as far as wire taps go I'm for them if they catch the bad guys because there's nothing to hide here. Oh yeah, one other thing, did everyone know the the Civil War was George Bush's fault just like WWI and WWII.:lol::lol:

Steve, I would like to buy you a beer... Jack, you too... excellent questions, I believe you will see an entirely diffent scenario unfold here... but will the media show it? Probably not... because it will be middle America Americans, putting their life and towns back together, themselves. RickO

Back
Top Bottom