Opinions and help with a problem, please

So. You are all saying you wouldn't like the companionship of a spouse who also likes to detect? :)

Be very careful, now... :lol:

Personally.. no I wouldn't... I like my alone time.. :yes:

Let me add... if she wants to dry sand while I'm waterhunting that would be fine.. My friend Joey Ortega thinks the same way :)

Don't shave for a few days- women aren't jealous of other women they don't feel threatened by. :shock:

Just kidding! Some pretty good suggestions have been posted already. I like the thought of introducing some of your friends to the hobby. First, you can trust them (I hope). Second- there's less chance of them hitting on you. Third, you are promoting the hobby.

Don't shave for a few days- women aren't jealous of other women they don't feel threatened by. :shock:

Just kidding! Some pretty good suggestions have been posted already. I like the thought of introducing some of your friends to the hobby. First, you can trust them (I hope). Second- there's less chance of them hitting on you. Third, you are promoting the hobby.
AAAAAAAAAARGH......................Bites fingers........................

Marry a guy that's into metal detecting... problem solved. ;)

It would probably be a better marriage than most these days!!!:D

Seriously, I've been detecting with quite a few members on this forum sometimes even without Vlad, and the thought never crossed my mind that we were male and female... we're just detectorists. Addicted to the hobby detectorists, and when we go hunting that's what we do, we hunt.

Exactly, that's what I mean, the thought never crossed my mind til this mess last year. Of course, obviously, that guy's wife had reason to be upset!! I always thought the way you do and not in terms of male and female. But, evidently a lot of spouses don't think that way!!:p

Thanks for your input!

Char

I already don't shave, unless I have to wear a dress!!! :lol:
One of the major advantages of being single!!!:D
And as you can see from my picture, and my original post on this thread, I'm already pretty non threatening!!!:D

I'm not from AL, I'm from VA, and I haven't made many friends here. Believe me, I ask around about other MDers!!! Maybe its old age, but, now, I just don't feel comfortable being out like that alone. Even with my cell phone.

Char

If you can find someone to hunt with then HH. No need worrying about their spouses- not your problem. It's theirs! :lol: They know their spouse better than anyone and it is up to them if they want to risk their spouse's wrath.

Good point.
But I wouldn't want to cause anyone trouble like that. And you never know when you're going to run into a "psycho spouse" that wants to scratch your eyes out!!! LOL

Char

Good point.
But I wouldn't want to cause anyone trouble like that. And you never know when you're going to run into a "psycho spouse" that wants to scratch your eyes out!!! LOL

Char
Ah- it's really about self preservation then! And here I thought you were a super sensitive person caring for the health of your hunting buddy's relationship!:p

Well, you could have your hunting buddies fill out permission slips!:lol: Psycho spouses typically do not consent.;)

Ah- it's really about self preservation then! And here I thought you were a super sensitive person caring for the health of your hunting buddy's relationship!:p

That's right!!! its all about ME!!!!!;) LOL
Well, you could have your hunting buddies fill out permission slips!:lol: Psycho spouses typically do not consent.;)

Maybe, but, I think a true psycho spouse would give permission, only to follow us and "catch us in the act" !!!! LOL Refer to thread "9 words women use" word #4!!!! LOL

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=15465

Char

That's right!!! its all about ME!!!!!;) LOL

Maybe, but, I think a true psycho spouse would give permission, only to follow us and "catch us in the act" !!!! LOL Refer to thread "9 words women use" word #4!!!! LOL

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=15465

Char

Well I won't argue with you- you're one of THEM! You definitely understand them better than we do. Then you're left with one other option....
Get a big dog!:D They are loyal to a fault, they won't chat your ears off (unless you get one like my dog - she doesn't know when to shut up), make great companions , will protect you better than most men could and they bake lousy tasting brownies for you daily(but it's the thought that counts!).

Back
Top Bottom