New to FMDF, semi-recently back to detecting.

HiDesertHunting

Glad to be a on part of this forum, it is both entertaining and informative. I have been detecting on and off (mostly off) for over 30 years. 5 years ago my wife bought me an older Whites Classic 2 black box at a yard sale that got me back into the hobby after moving to a new area.
The area I live in is a detectorists paradise. Way off the beaten pass, tons of old West history, very few people, and almost no detectorists. After some research I started finding some great spots and landing some incredible permissions. Many of these sites are untouched by a coil. I now swing a Garret AT Max and/or Minelab Equinox 800. I will post some finds in the relics and coin shooters thread soon. Thank you for adding me and good luck!

Welcome to FMDF. I've detected Honey Lake region spots before. Yes, lots of emigrant history route stuff in your area, (and other history). :cool:

Welcome from CT. Happy Hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to be a on part of this forum, it is both entertaining and informative. I have been detecting on and off (mostly off) for over 30 years. 5 years ago my wife bought me an older Whites Classic 2 black box at a yard sale that got me back into the hobby after moving to a new area.
The area I live in is a detectorists paradise. Way off the beaten pass, tons of old West history, very few people, and almost no detectorists. After some research I started finding some great spots and landing some incredible permissions. Many of these sites are untouched by a coil. I now swing a Garret AT Max and/or Minelab Equinox 800. I will post some finds in the relics and coin shooters thread soon. Thank you for adding me and good luck!

Welcome HiDesert!

That's a great reason to get back into detecting, especially if you know some areas that have unlikely seen anyone search the areas. Both detectors should serve you well in those historic areas. Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences from the field.

Back
Top Bottom