Whaddaya suppose is going on when one person has started 8 of the 20 threads on the page….

Whaddaya suppose?

I've said it before, this board is full of troll accounts. I'm not the first person to suspect it either. The user's writing style and far fetched fantasy world thoughts show up in several different members posts, almost like it's the same person, weird. You can also notice the same members commenting on his on posts from other accounts, over and over again.

Who ever it is, they either have great ways to disguise their IP address or someone has an inside line on making accounts.

I've said it before, this board is full of troll accounts. I'm not the first person to suspect it either. The user's writing style and far fetched fantasy world thoughts show up in several different members posts, almost like it's the same person, weird. You can also notice the same members commenting on his on posts from other accounts, over and over again.

Who ever it is, they either have great ways to disguise their IP address or someone has an inside line on making accounts.

Tee Hee Hee. I think I know who y'all are talkin about. But that there name shall remain anonymous but to the hills and hollers.

Hmmmm I guess it’s the old man in the study with gloves and the hand trowel, that’s why no fingerprints.

Takin him to the train station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That maybe the metal detecting community is very small and if there was a larger number of other post from more activity it would not represent the same percentage?

It could be that that poster, MITW, is the cause of a lot of people avoiding this forum, and could do us all a favor by just going away. Just saying.

I love these posts! I personally sit back and laugh at the characters you mention... Most of us have been hunting long enough to spot the fantasy posters... but you know what we all know you what can be found in certain amount of time... Or even the chance of the frequency of a find...gold silver clad... and how long it actually takes to pinpoint, recover a coin, and properly cover the hole...

My favorites the ones they claim to dig every signal but have tons of quarters ans a few pennies LOL...LOL...LOL..give me a break... easiest way to deal with them ignore... do not respond...

There are a few here and other forums I read what they write being so full of themselves to my wife and we sit here and laugh... as members question how long they hunted or how after so many years they continue to find these magical spots... and even predict there is a ton more to be found at these spots...

Hey just have a good laugh..and enjoy... All the sites and forums have one or two like this...they have to find the most...or as you say post the most threads... the longest titles..the longest names... treat it as humor...no need to continually question their finds or time or locations... most of us know...and simply do not take them seriously!

But yes the newest character name already mentioned seems a little different...just include him in with the others...

Whaddaya suppose?

Funny, I just commented to another member yesterday about this. And I see it on other forums also. Maybe they need to get a life. Kevin I have always said, everybody brings joy, some when they arrive, and some when they Leave. Just sayin. Mark

…I have always said, everybody brings joy, some when they arrive, and some when they Leave. Just sayin. Mark

Well said, Mark. Folks just need to stop feeding the obvious trolls, and they’ll go away on their own once they realize they aren’t getting the satisfaction they seek. I’ve gotten to where I don’t bother with the topics of one frequent poster - I don’t even want to increase the “views” count. The other recent and frequent poster seems much less sensationalistic and inflammatory from my perspective - most of his posts seem thoughtful and well written. I think he’s a victim of bad timing - becoming very active on the forum exactly when suspicions are heightened.

OK, Don't keep an old guy in the dark....lets devise a code, like the Navajo code talkers of WWII to disclose his name...I can't stands no more...

OK, Don't keep an old guy in the dark....lets devise a code, like the Navajo code talkers of WWII to disclose his name...I can't stands no more...
How about "Closed mouth catches no flies" or "Dark cloud"

There are some members that I find just a little different or odd to me. So what? over time we find out they are just different. But every now and then someone comes along who is so really full of it, we cannot even believe they have the gumption to say what they say and ever have chance of someone believing what they say.

Why do they make these post? Maybe a psychologist would have the answer. Me, I think they have a very low self-esteem and have to build themselves up to impress others. Even if it is other members who really don't give a hoot.

I know for a fact that this and other forum members come from all walks of life and economic situations. Who cares? this is about our hobby. There is no economic entry barrier to get into and enjoy this hobby.

While looking for a sailboat years ago a dealer friend of my said "You know you don't have to have the biggest sail boat on the lake to have fun". He was right, bigger sail boats take more time to get ready before you sail and more time after you sail to put them to bed properly.

Same can be said about detectors. you can take (as an example) the good old tried and true AT Pro or a newer Vanquish 440 and get out and have fun and even out hunt someone with an XP2, Nox 800 or CTX3030. I have seen it happen personally.

I thing the poster we are all talking about will fade away eventually. I knew a guy like him. We called him Topper. When discussing things, he would always come back with a better story than anyone told, regardless of the subject matter. We all knew he was a "topper. Often we would play topper with our stories to see how outlandish his reply stories would become. He never caught on that we knew he was a Topper. So we have a new Topper here, but he won't last. He will move on to a new forum. Maybe LRL forums. he would fit in there quite well.

There are some members that I find just a little different or odd to me. So what? over time we find out they are just different. But every now and then someone comes along who is so really full of it, we cannot even believe they have the gumption to say what they say and ever have chance of someone believing what they say.

Why do they make these post? Maybe a psychologist would have the answer. Me, I think they have a very low self-esteem and have to build themselves up to impress others. Even if it is other members who really don't give a hoot.

I know for a fact that this and other forum members come from all walks of life and economic situations. Who cares? this is about our hobby. There is no economic entry barrier to get into and enjoy this hobby.

While looking for a sailboat years ago a dealer friend of my said "You know you don't have to have the biggest sail boat on the lake to have fun". He was right, bigger sail boats take more time to get ready before you sail and more time after you sail to put them to bed properly.

Same can be said about detectors. you can take (as an example) the good old tried and true AT Pro or a newer Vanquish 440 and get out and have fun and even out hunt someone with an XP2, Nox 800 or CTX3030. I have seen it happen personally.

I thing the poster we are all talking about will fade away eventually. I knew a guy like him. We called him Topper. When discussing things, he would always come back with a better story than anyone told, regardless of the subject matter. We all knew he was a "topper. Often we would play topper with our stories to see how outlandish his reply stories would become. He never caught on that we knew he was a Topper. So we have a new Topper here, but he won't last. He will move on to a new forum. Maybe LRL forums. he would fit in there quite well.

Well said Maxxkatt ! One of the best posts written on the matter and very timely .:yes:

That's a great story about the Topper. I guess in the life of this form there have been many different Toppers, but to have one that tries to top everyone's detecting find stories is a classic. But I'm sure very annoying at the time.
And like you said, this too shall pass.

The ignore list is amazing. It's funny how I can ignore the original poster and only read what everyone else says. I can read between the lines and the bonus is that I don't have to read the garbage. The responses are the best part of these threads anyway.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom