For you, what can be discouraging from MD?

I’m just starting on my second year detecting. So my inexperience has caused a problem with my permissions. I’m very lucky and have a lot of good places to go, but I never anticipated the summer dry weather and the crops in the fields.

I was anticipating the crops but I thought when I can’t get to the fields I would move the the yards than back to the fields when the crops come down. I thought this was a good plan? The problem arose when the weather turned dry. If I dig in the yards it will leave brown spots everywhere. I know that most of these brown spots will go way after the first good rain, by until than it doesn’t look good and I wouldn’t want some one other than myself do that to my yard. (Last year there where a lot of brown spots in my yard)😜

I guess the silver lining is I can do all those thing I put off to go detecting?

switch to water hunting, totlots and volleyball courts.

I went to an 1882 school house today. Got there, within 5 min, an old man showed up. Started talking. I baked in the sun for 2-3 hours talking to him, didn't get to metal detect. We had such a deep discussion, it got back to who his 4th grade teacher was, and how mean she was. Wasted my whole day. Never hot looking young women bothering me, its always old men. He did tell me the sites of 2 other old school houses that were tore down, sooooo

The most discouraging thing for me is taking the time to dig only to find a bullet shell casing or some other junk.

I don't really mind getting fooled by junk. It happens and if it sounds good you dig it.

The heat and humidity have been discouraging me this year. Better this week but the previous couple of weeks here in Middle TN were brutal!

I'm also discouraged by fences and no trespassing signs on public property. :mad:

The most discouraging thing for me is taking the time to dig only to find a bullet shell casing or some other junk.

The most discouraging for me is from the manufactures. When manufactures deliver junk in the box that is not useable or subpar.

Then it takes hours of customizing and /or purchasing new materials to get a decent product.

Idiots that talk about it, brag about their rigs but have nothing but BS to show for it. Down and dirty pays dividends as anybody who has taken the time will tell you and show you the fruits and fudge of their efforts. The thing is, your best find may be in the next hole. Dig on. Mark

Areas that used to be accessible fenced off.
Demos and tear outs fenced off.
Wood chip play areas converted to those rubber pads.
The elimination of vacant lots.
Artificial grass.
Pristine manicured lawns and sports fields (I don't mess with them).
Rock hard,dry dirt.
Aches and pains.
Too busy with other things I have to do.
Thugs, punks and other vermin.
The price of Gas.
Extreme heat or cold.

Other than that, everything's wonderful.

Nailed it.

I went to an 1882 school house today. Got there, within 5 min, an old man showed up. Started talking. I baked in the sun for 2-3 hours talking to him, didn't get to metal detect. We had such a deep discussion, it got back to who his 4th grade teacher was, and how mean she was. Wasted my whole day. Never hot looking young women bothering me, its always old men. He did tell me the sites of 2 other old school houses that were tore down, sooooo

sounds like you attract 'em just by being in the field! I pity you! you have a gift!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Gee, sorry you felt your day was wasted.

Also to bad you didn't seem to have time to swing your detector because maybe we could finally see some pictures of what you find.

Paying $80 for a seeded hunt and not finding much. Even worse, some guy claiming to have found a Morgan dollar and Capped Bust half dollar at the same hunt and posting bogus videos of the "finds" on YouTube.

The problem is you opened your mouth and choose to discuss ideas , events and yourself. Young hot women don't want to hear about your miserable outlook on human life. Now the creepy old grandpa's , that's another story. They are open to your views and going deep. Maybe they can change your ways . It is obviously a mutual attraction. Good luck with your new buddy !

The problem is you opened your mouth and choose to discuss ideas , events and yourself. Young hot women don't want to hear about your miserable outlook on human life. Now the creepy old grandpa's , that's another story. They are open to your views and going deep. Maybe they can change your ways . It is obviously a mutual attraction. Good luck with your new buddy !

If he was not the guy who mowed the grass, with possibly a little authority at the location, I would have told him to buzz off. But... I had some use for him, mainly. getting the location of 2 other 1800 school houses in the woods.

PS: Thanks for the attention!

Maybe that 3 hours of "research" will pay off on the two new sites.

Back
Top Bottom