Have You Found More Gold Rings Above Or Below The Conductivity Of A Nickel?

I like the question. I've found 2 gold rings in the Nickel range or higher. I always check every signal in the tot lots though. I hear stories of nice gold bracelets ringing up as crappy iron signals. Damn, some of those tot lots have a ton of Wrigley's and Hershey's Kiss wrappers in them. AND the McDonalds ketchup packets! They sound just like a gold ring!

All my gold tested with Fisher F2 or F70 numbers or in the conductivity area.
30-33 is a usual nickel number on those Fishers.
When people give advice to newbies that most gold will come in at nickels or tabs I chuckle.
The two channel rings next to each other is eye opening...they are so similar I call them twin sons if different mothers.
The white gold ring is bigger and heavier than the yellow gold ring but came in way lower like a ketchup packet because it is alloyed with another low conductive metal.

When hunters say they they hunted any site and dug all the tab and nickel signals and declared it now gold free I usually ask them for the GPS coordinates.

Attachments

• user10659_pic74787_1491240564 (1).jpg
    user10659_pic74787_1491240564 (1).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 382
  • user10659_pic72355_1474286241 (3).jpg
    user10659_pic72355_1474286241 (3).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 327
  • twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 309
More under nickel for me. I looked on Gerry's Detectors finding gold ring with the x-terra 705 and was surprised how many rings that he had found came up under nickel. This is on you tube. 48 rings tested.

My ace 250 has got me the most gold.
I will say most rings of gold for me are right on the nickel .
One I got below that in foil range.
Same with At pro.
I got one 14 k fatty with my nox at 20,21 thats near pennies.
I got one in nickel midtone with my Sovereign elite.
Most small bracelets 10k in foil range on Ace 250.

I've had a wide range on my AT Pro, and find that the solidness/crispness of the tone is more indicative of a good target than the VDI numbers. I've found gold rings at 44, well under the nickel reading, and also as high as 67, well above the nickel range. Also, everything in between.

When I hit a solid mid tone, I rapidly swing the coil over it from several directions. I can get the VDI for pull tabs, foil, and even nickels to bounce around a bit, but gold rings stay constant, maybe shifting 1-2 on the VDI, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom