Silvers #59 and #60...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Got out for the low tide with the Excal Sword for another hunt at Iron Beach, where I spent a couple hours up on the slope working a small target rich area on a very windy day...50 mph gusts swirling sand all around, keeping the curious away while I was digging all but the iron and buried aluminum cans that are everywhere. Here is the scrap. Notice it's mostly older pre Felix penny stuff...and there's no love for steel crown caps with a Excal as there is with the almighty Equinox:lol: Included is a swim buckle/snap, brass end from a pocketknife and the vintage rifle headstamp is a 30-40 Krag, marked Rem/UMC 30 USA better stuff including $4.01 in clad, 6 wheats, Buffalo and 2 silvers, tiny religious medallion, brooch and a cool old VW Bug...plastic with aluminum wheels 1920 Buffalo, unknown Merc and a 1953 Rosie, silvers #59 and #60... No problem hearing targets in the wind with the red headphones on the old Sword...too bad it wasn't high tide at the right time because the waves today would have chewed at the slope some more:yes: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Nice work Captain!! Clean looking details too!

Congrats on the silvers and Buff -cool on the Beatle!

Nice Hunt

Bruce , on the silver, relic's , look's like the gold is getting harder to find, look's like gold slump title for me, tungsten here only :( , happy hunting, Earl

Still working the magic Bruce. Congrats on the Silver's, the Buffalo and all the rest. Hope the conditions continue to improve for your benefit on the seashore. Trapper

Isn't it insane how many pull tabs are EVERYWHERE after that storm. It's nuts.

Hi Captain! Nice finds. Congrats.
I did noticed that the dimes are having a heavy patina. How do you clean those coins? I just find a couple of Mercury Dimes on the beach and I do not know how to clean it. At a local jewelry shop they did not succeed in cleaning it.
Thank you and all the best!

Back
Top Bottom