737 Max (8 and 9 variants)- imo it has design flaw

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Imagine why past aircraft had engines fixed farther back of aircraft. This being further back was not by accident.
So they moved engines forward.
Then what?

This makes the engines give more drive to the nose of aircraft.
Hence a nose up position can happen faster due to engine location.
So can an electronic system be designed to correct/warn of this what can be a dangerous (stall causing condition)? Yes.
I do think so.
One problem though.
Little thing called time.
Time is not on the aircraft side (or passengers) for that matter, if this nose up condition happens, it must be corrected quick.
So what if the electronic system MCAS I think it’s called malfunctions?
Does pilot indeed have enough time to manhandle the aircraft?
I think this is where the problem lies.
The original 737 and other commercial aircraft had the engine more back on aircraft. So this nose up condition was likely happening in a more gradual fashion. And more time I think was given to pilots to correct if something went wrong. With 737 max time duration of the event to muster (stall condition) LESS for pilot.
And to make matters worse pilots and copilots were not even given proper simulator training (737 max). Had they have had the simulator training I think most if not all would have seen this time differential as it applies to the stall condition happening with corresponding time to gain control (prevent) vs older model commercial aircraft.
So we’ll see what happens.
I think the aircraft won’t ever be deemed safe for flight in current configuration.
Something will have to be changed (physical) on aircraft for it to be deemed airworthy.

Just pondering here and relating to my time with what I learned and experienced while in the USAF for more than 2 decades.

Last edited:
Might be right but not sure how long it will take to redesign or reconfigure existing aircraft. When I heard about the recent tragedy I thought dejavu but glad Iran owned up to shooting it down. Not sure if it was a max...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom