Coolest find I’ve ever seen

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I didn’t find this unfortunately but it’s a piece of Carson City and boxing history. Perhaps the coolest thing I’ve ever seen found. Found on Saturday by a friend. 517F5A58-B041-48F5-85AA-0E2AE381AB7E.jpeg

Spoiler alert. (That is the find of a lifetime!)

Attachments

• l5pJ0C7.jpg
    l5pJ0C7.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,459
Spoiler alert. (That is the find of a lifetime!)

Yes, he’s very lucky. 2” deep. Read 18 on the equinox. That fight was one of the first filmed fights and people paid to watch it. It earned up to $750,000(disputes over total earnings) across the US.

Some other fun facts about that fight. Wyatt Earp was one of four hired gunmen in Corbett’s corner. Fitzsimmons also had 4 gunmen in his corner to keep it fair. There were 4,000 people in attendance. Corbett had dominated until being knocked out by a haymaker.

I didn’t find this unfortunately but it’s a piece of Carson City and boxing history. Perhaps the coolest thing I’ve ever seen found. Found on Saturday by a friend. View attachment 465149

Great relic. I wonder if it was a spectator souvenir or part of a ribbon medal for the contestants and their trainers?

I hunted a private property that regularly hosted regional outdoor boxing and wrestling matches in the 1920's and 1930's. Solid newspaper research on the history and location. That's exactly the kind of relic I was hoping to find. I never did.

That is a beautifully made medallion - tied to the historic fight and 'Gentleman Jim" makes it even better. Really is the find of a lifetime!

Way cool. I also found a token yesterday. I am still waiting for my son to help me figure my trouble with photos , but the thing is it was a Billiken token.it was the pet rock of the year 1908. It’s popularity went world wide. It became the mascot of St Louis U. Point is with a simple google, we come across all this history ! Love this hobby for that

Supper nice find and great save. You just have to wonder who lost it.

Back
Top Bottom