I did it...

MKW

and it wasn't all that bad. I have been eyeballing this lot near my house that sits on a corner and has HUGE old Live Oak trees and telling myself that if I ever see anyone there that I will make myself ask for permission to detect it. Well, today I ride by and there's a guy mowing the grass, so I stop and actually had the nerve to ask him. He said yes, so I have my first permission from somebody that I didn't already know. Maybe the next permission will be easier to ask for.

Well, the new permission site isn't that exciting, but there are lots of targets to dig. The stuff is just not all that old, but it is old enough that it may produce some silver because, today, I found Lincolns from 1961 and 1965 and a Wheat from 1945.

Well, the new permission site isn't that exciting, but there are lots of targets to dig. The stuff is just not all that old, but it is old enough that it may produce some silver because, today, I found Lincolns from 1961 and 1965 and a Wheat from 1945.

Congrats!

Keep at it!

If you ever encounter a permission where the topic of splitting finds comes up, and you agree to it, please show some honesty and integrity and stick by the deal you willingly made...

Beware, there are forum members here who will encourage you to lie, cheat and steal, and report you to the admins when you call them on it....

Good luck, happy hunting and now that you've broken the ice, asking for permission should be easier.

Congrats!

Keep at it!

If you ever encounter a permission where the topic of splitting finds comes up, and you agree to it, please show some honesty and integrity and stick by the deal you willingly made...

Beware, there are forum members here who will encourage you to lie, cheat and steal, and report you to the admins when you call them on it....

Good luck, happy hunting and now that you've broken the ice, asking for permission should be easier.

Thanks. I will not sacrifice my integrity for some coins, relics, and can slaw. If I make a deal, any deal, I will honor it, always.

Way to go, securing your first permission from a stranger! You're right, where there are wheat pennies, there may be silver; and the wheat cent itself is a good find. :clapping:

Last summer, my brother Wolf-Dog & I also acquired our first permission (that is, first from someone we hadn't previously known). We've detected there only once so far, and have yet to uncover anything great, but you never know!

P.S. Regarding your avatar: thank you for your service! :grin:

I did the same thing today here in Michigan.
Old registered centennial home. All buildings still in good condition and out house is still there and hand hued logs in barn and bark still on them. Found out they had a special separate building to sell milk with special delivery threw drive way for horse and buggy so they didn’t have to turn around and it’s big and never been detected. Family owned and it goes back to mid 1800’s. It will take years to detect because there are so many good looking spots. I’m excited to say the least.
Doug

Thanks. I will not sacrifice my integrity for some coins, relics, and can slaw. If I make a deal, any deal, I will honor it, always.

Glad to hear that!

Honesty and integrity are unimportant to too many today.

People with your attitude can help repair the damage caused by the liars, cheaters and thieves who also share the hobby.

Hope the permission gives up some great finds!

I always make a fair deal with my permissions. Anything personal from their family the permission keeps. Anything over $100 value we split when I sell it or if they choose to buy me out of my half. I show them everything I dig.

For me it is a hobby and the hunt is the important part. My attitude is that without the permission there would be no hunt and they could always make a deal with another detectorists. Being fair with a permission has gotten me other neighbors or friends.

I always make a fair deal with my permissions. Anything personal from their family the permission keeps. Anything over $100 value we split when I sell it or if they choose to buy me out of my half. I show them everything I dig.

For me it is a hobby and the hunt is the important part. My attitude is that without the permission there would be no hunt and they could always make a deal with another detectorists. Being fair with a permission has gotten me other neighbors or friends.

I agree 100%.

I show everything also, not just junk.

Enjoy the exhilaration of a cool find. Those moments are permanently etched into my memory, just like every buck I've ever shot.

If they get a find I really like due to an agreement, but I always have the memory and can always take a picture.

Back
Top Bottom