• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nice sight in the park today

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I was walking my dog in my favorite park and saw two young boys probably between 8 - 10 years old with a Bounty Hunter Jr. and a garden trowel. They were hunting the areas between the parking lots with dirt and wood chips. They were finding bottle caps and pop tops. One would scan with the detector and the other one would dig.

It would be just a matter of time, because there are dropped coins in those areas.

Glad to see some kids giving it a try. Don't see that too often.

Amazing. Thank goodness not all kids stay inside sitting on azzes. My neighbor's kids were in their swimsuits jumping on the trampoline while it was raining!

Next time, call the cops on them.

It's crazy what things have come to these days. It seems like half the country gets offended over anyone else enjoying themselves. Hopefully it's a lot less than half the country.

Good point in jest, anyway. It's possible that things like that keep some kids from being kids. Ironic in a way because it's grown-ups acting like kids preventing kids from being kids (?).

That's really great to hear, good news for a change. I honestly don't think I've seen any kids detecting ever, besides my own young family members that wanted to "help" me detect.

Thanks for sharing.

I was walking my dog in my favorite park and saw two young boys probably between 8 - 10 years old with a Bounty Hunter Jr. and a garden trowel. They were hunting the areas between the parking lots with dirt and wood chips. They were finding bottle caps and pop tops. One would scan with the detector and the other one would dig.

It would be just a matter of time, because there are dropped coins in those areas.

Ah, a breath of fresh air. Thanks for such a positive post Maxx!

Should of told them to get an Apex because they work much better :p

Nah, in all seriousness that's just wonderful. I have a little 9 year old second cousin who is happy if he finds anything metal. To him it's all about the hunt. If he finds something metal then the detector did its job to him. Imagine if we had that same attitude.

Back
Top Bottom