Forum emails

FireCapt_Joe

Any idea why I would not be getting emails about my threads being responded to?

I have never received ANY emails.

I'm pretty sure I have the settings correct, I'm just curious if my stupid email provider is blocking them...

Can one of you admins check my settings?

Thanks!

Joe

I didn't see anything wrong. Can you go into your User CP and check which threads you are currently subscribed to?

Not sure what's going on. I got a PM from someone saying the same thing. I suggested to him to turn it off for a couple days then turn it back on.

I'm subscribed to my PM's and haven't had a problem receiving them via email.

I've had this problem with my ISP in the past, may have to contact them as they have something "blocked".

It only shows that I am subscribed to 6 threads. 3 of them have been responded to in the last few days.

Could be your ISP is filtering it out thinking it is SPAM. Do you have a way to control the SPAM filtering amount? Or does your ISP give you a way to look at what SPAM emails it thinks it has collected?

Rudy - can you give me what the email address would look like?

Who is it from?

I can contact my provider and have them unblock them.

I belong to a gaming clan and they started blocking the forum emails until I sent them the address and asked them to quit. A few days later the flood gates opened and I was getting them again.

Rudy - can you give me what the email address would look like?

Who is it from?

I can contact my provider and have them unblock them.

I belong to a gaming clan and they started blocking the forum emails until I sent them the address and asked them to quit. A few days later the flood gates opened and I was getting them again.

I think they come from Carol's email address. Check with Carol, she'll know.

Most of the time its the ISP blocking, easiest way to check is to get a gmail or yahoo account and see if they work there.

Well, I contacted them and they would like to know if you have received any mail delivery failures to my address.

It is : [email protected]

If not, I'll go Vlad's route and change my email address. I have a hotmail account too.

Thanks for the help,

Joe

juno sounds familiar to me. I think they're the ones that blocked aol emails on their network.

Let me send you an email from my email address and see if you get it.

.... Okay, sent! Let me know if you get it. Email me back too.

Also the member I spoke of earlier said that he is now receiving the email alerts. Don't know what happened, they just started showing up again.

I received your email.

I'll change my email settings on the forums, then change them back after a few days and see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Yeah, try switching to the hotmail account and see what happens.

I'm very curious about this.

Well - I'm not sure Carol.

I changed my email address to my Hotmail account and everything comes through fine:

Dear FireCapt_Joe,

Ed in KC has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Email test take 2 - in the Forum Help & Announcements forum of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=44651&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
sorry, I can't do that.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Friendly Metal Detecting Forums
:?:

I again contacted Juno and I actually got a real person. They said there is no active block on your account, which makes sense since I received your personal email.

So I'm not sure why the forum email accounts won't go, but the personal email will...

Could it be some weird AOL deal?

Could be. They may be rejecting emails that are auto-generated.

I know there's 2 places a blocking can take place though... one on the account and two, on the network. So Juno may mean that there's nothing blocked on your account, but they have no clue if auto-generated emails are blocked on the network.

The fact that your hotmail account is receiving them makes me suspicious about Juno being the blocker.

Here's another thought. The header looks like this. Juno could be blocking one of these...

Received from: mtain-mi06.r1000.mx.aol.com (mtain-mi06.r1000.mail.aol.com [172.21.131.164]) by air-de02.mail.aol.com (v127_r1.1) with ESMTP id MAILINDE022-5ea74b9c11d2345; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:29:38 -0500

Received from: friendly001.vkart.com (unknown [66.197.170.69]) by mtain-mi06.r1000.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTP id 45332380000AC for <[email protected]>; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:29:38 -0500 (EST)

Received from: nobody by friendly001.vkart.com with local (Exim 4.68) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1NqZpt-0008N5-T7 for [email protected]; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:29:09 -0600

Or they could have a block on our IP at: 66.197.170.69

Or you could find out if they are blocking "friendly001.vkart.com"

Here's another thought. The header looks like this. Juno could be blocking one of these...

Received from: mtain-mi06.r1000.mx.aol.com (mtain-mi06.r1000.mail.aol.com [172.21.131.164]) by air-de02.mail.aol.com (v127_r1.1) with ESMTP id MAILINDE022-5ea74b9c11d2345; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:29:38 -0500

Received from: friendly001.vkart.com (unknown [66.197.170.69]) by mtain-mi06.r1000.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTP id 45332380000AC for <[email protected]>; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:29:38 -0500 (EST)

Received from: nobody by friendly001.vkart.com with local (Exim 4.68) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1NqZpt-0008N5-T7 for [email protected]; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:29:09 -0600

Or they could have a block on our IP at: 66.197.170.69

Or you could find out if they are blocking "friendly001.vkart.com"

I'll forward this to them. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom