Lesche Ground Shark 36" Relic Shovel or Lesche Sampson T Handle Digging Shovel w/ Serrated

I would recommend a 31" tool, any longer and it will be too long to hang from a clip on your belt..

<°)))>{

The 36" Ground Shark is unbendable, and certainly reduces bending down. The Ground Sharks in any size makes a narrower dig hole, and I too,,,advise to not figure on using it in a belt holster.

The Sampson is bendable, here in Texas anyway. You'll likely be fine in Calif with it. How tall are you?

I owned two Ground Sharks and found that narrow dig width made it difficult to dig decent, round holes.

While your digging tool of choice is an important one, recovering your target once the hole is dug is even more so I believe. Don't bend over at the waist with your legs straight. That will kill your back real fast. Get down on your knee(s) once you have the hole dug. And use your legs to erect yourself back up.

Use the same techniques you would to lift or place a heavy object. Use your legs, bend your knees! I'm a tall guy, I can't express this enough!!

I will add this...I had the pleasure of borrowing a 31" Sampson from a hunting buddy and I must say it is an excellent instrument for both digging and plug cutting. I must have one now for when I dig in the woods.

The 36" Ground Shark is unbendable, and certainly reduces bending down. The Ground Sharks in any size makes a narrower dig hole, and I too,,,advise to not figure on using it in a belt holster.

The Sampson is bendable, here in Texas anyway. You'll likely be fine in Calif with it. How tall are you?

I owned two Ground Sharks and found that narrow dig width made it difficult to dig decent, round holes.

I'm about 5' 6"

Figure on $55-$70 with shipping, depending on the dealer. First GS I got nearly $70. Second one, about $60 as I recall. I did discover that my closest dealer coulda sent me a Sampson for around $55.

It takes calling for quotes. martin

Btw, my highest paid-for GS was my first I bought. I got smarter a shovel at a time ;-)

Back
Top Bottom