attn moderator

I just use AVG and Firefox. The user base for firefox is just small enough that the bad guys don't bother us much. If I really don't want to be compromised I just dual boot into Ubuntu Linux, nobody bothers to write bad code for that operating system.
I.E Bad everything else good.;)

I have been getting an unusual amount of viruses lately running internet explorer, My real time scanner catches most all them, but all it would take is one to get through & next thing you know the blue screen of death is staring at me.."Hate when that happens"..I tried firefox, but every time I turn around it says I need another add-on installed..Is there any easy fixes for those add-ons.

A great first step in protecting your PC is to ditch whatever version of Internet Explorer you have and switch to the latest version of Firefox.

It should be noted that a newly discovered security weakness in Internet Explorer (IE6) was used by the Chinese to hack into Google's infrastructure recently. http://mashable.com/2010/01/14/google-china-attack-anatomy/
I agree 100%. MS has too many hackers out to do them harm.

No problems here with IE8 and McAfee

A great first step in protecting your PC is to ditch whatever version of Internet Explorer you have and switch to the latest version of Firefox.

It should be noted that a newly discovered security weakness in Internet Explorer (IE6)...

The current version of IE is 8.

Back
Top Bottom