UPDATED!! great looking old place!

007tallguy

Elite Member
well, against my better judgement, i just sent an email off to the owner of this old house. he owns a nearby business and so far, i've been unable to catch him in at his office.
i thought, ok... it's either "bug" him by phone or shoot an email his way. i choose to try the email thing. told him who i was, where i work (that could have a bearing!!) and how i go about my MDing hobby and how i recover items. did NOT mention the word "dig"!
keeping my fingers crossed on this one!! it looks like it might be soon undergoing renovations which will likely mean landscaping too. i hope i can get in there before that happens.
wish me luck.... and hopefully a YES!!!

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG0771.jpg
    IMAG0771.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMAG0767.jpg
    IMAG0767.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 478
  • IMAG0766.jpg
    IMAG0766.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Looks nice for old coins and jewelry, over the years Im sure folks entertained outdoors there a lot.

Fingers crossed for you, good luck! :yes:

Looks nice for old coins and jewelry, over the years Im sure folks entertained outdoors there a lot.

Fingers crossed for you, good luck! :yes:

lol, i've got everything crossed here too! actually, where that little rock wall is, it's public property on "this" side of it. and events do go on there all the time! even if i get a "no" from the land owner, i still have the public side of the fence to search. ;)

if you look closely in the second pic at those houses in the background... NONE of them sell for under a half million!!!! the old place is located in a prime area, surrounded by numerous multi-million dollar homes! the property i'm currently searching, about a mile away, is (at a guess) probably worth at least 5 to 6 mil. :shock::yes:

i got home today after several hours of beach hunting and saw had an email reply to my email request and permission---->> granted!! :thumbsup:

the funny thing: one of the beaches i hit this morning is right beside this old house! literally next door, bordering this property. now if my stupid cell phone would have received that email, i would have saved the beach for another time because:
tomorrow the excavator is supposed to start working!! the house is being jacked up and moved, new foundation is being built and then the house will be moved back onto the new foundation. as far as i can tell, not a whole lot of work has been done as of yet, so i think i still have lots of time to search around. even when they do start digging, he wants me to try searching around the old foundation/basement once the house has been moved.

anyway, after reading my email, i called the owner and i ended up going back to town to meet up with him and he pointed out where another old foundation is on the property and he gave me a brief history of the land. this current house was built in 1928 (i thought it was a LOT older!), but they think this house replaced one that had burnt down long before this one was built.

we ended up having one NASTY thunder/hail storm today... chunks of ice bigger than quarters!!! that put a damper on my searching today. i did do a bit of swinging, but the grass got flattened down and i'm soaked up to my knees. and after over 5 hours of beach hunting, i'm beat!

but i'll be at it again this coming weekend. :D

Pete

Thats great news Man! Congrats and what timing having the grass knocked down for ya. ;)

Sensitivity on max and find those deep coins. :D

I am pretty sure i recognize that place. If its the house i think it is, you may well find something very nice! I discovered a cache of over 200 silver coins down that way a year ago on a patch of land that my family was just about to sell. Apparently people didnt trust banks with their silver..... Wise move on their part :D
I'll be back home in NS for a vacation to do some hunting with my father in two weeks, and we have permission to check a group of cottages not far from there. One of them is over 100 years old. I cant wait! It will be nice to hunt and not be digging up hundreds of rounds of ammo.

Congrats on the permission and best of luck on your hunt! Keep us updated!

I am pretty sure i recognize that place. If its the house i think it is, you may well find something very nice! I discovered a cache of over 200 silver coins down that way a year ago on a patch of land that my family was just about to sell. Apparently people didnt trust banks with their silver..... Wise move on their part :D
I'll be back home in NS for a vacation to do some hunting with my father in two weeks, and we have permission to check a group of cottages not far from there. One of them is over 100 years old. I cant wait! It will be nice to hunt and not be digging up hundreds of rounds of ammo.

Congrats on the permission and best of luck on your hunt! Keep us updated!

right on! well, i'll make sure i leave a few coins in the ground for you guys! ;)
and yessir, if this is the area you think it might be, then you know there's been lots of wealth in that general area for the past 200+ years. i'm hoping to luck out on some of it one of these days, haha! :lol:
but it's like ANY area, that very next signal could be a good one!!
that cottage area sounds great too. ticks, mosquitoes and coyotes could be an issue, but a few precautions and you should be fine. :yes: and there should be some less volatile stuff for you to find in the ground here. :yes:

Pete

OK Pete, looks like you struck gold..
I feel it my bones..
Good luck, can't wait to see what you come out with.
Sonnydigs

Good luck and check under the house after.its raised if you can... That's where I found an 1891-s double eagle...along with a lot of other coins.

OK Pete, looks like you struck gold..
I feel it my bones..
Good luck, can't wait to see what you come out with.
Sonnydigs

i hope so! i know there's a ton of nails all around there and will likely be more after they start digging with the big machinery, but time will tell.

Good luck and check under the house after.its raised if you can... That's where I found an 1891-s double eagle...along with a lot of other coins.

i don't know about finding any eagles up this way. maybe a double moose or a double-loon (isn't that Spanish..?? haha!)

at least i won't have to work under the house since it's going to be completely slid off of it's present location! they have several huge steel beams there to put it on when they go to move it. he thought they might be around today to start work, but it was a holiday here, so perhaps tomorrow. i don't know how long it'll take for them get get it raised and then slid, but i'm limited to weekends, so i plan on being there bright and early this coming Saturday! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom