• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detecting Along The Old Stone Walls

RecoveringRelic

Hey everyone.

I spent the last month metal detecting my neighbor's front yard and the old stone walls that run through the back woods. At the base of the big old tree in the front yard, where I found the 1818 Large Cent, I found a very old spoon. It was about 8 inches deep. I also found a musket ball not far from the spoon. Along the driveway, I dug a shallow target that turned out to be a New Hampshire Public Works & Highways token. On the other side of the driveway I dug a 1917 Wheat Cent and a gold plated flat button. While detecting along the old stonewalls, I got a shallow signal, and when I dug down I saw an old milk glass bottle. The jar was embossed and read: "Regstd Trade Mark Mentholatum Yucca Co. Wichita Kan". As I was digging around, I found another embossed jar that read, "Chas M. Higgins & Co. 3 oz. Brooklyn, N.Y.". I will try to get back there and see if I can find some more old bottles soon. Thanks for looking everyone, and HH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwqaxEsIDg

Attachments

• M1280006.JPG
    M1280006.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,440
  • M1280008.JPG
    M1280008.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,338
  • M1280012.JPG
    M1280012.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,244
  • M1280019.JPG
    M1280019.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,367
Nice job, you can tell your in the right spot. HH

Those are some very nice finds. I really like the milk glass and to think it made it this far and not broken. I picked up 3 emboised mineral water bottles tonight while detecting and 2 of them are from the same place but different colors and different writing and a 1937 mass liscence plate and half of the same plate. Thanks for sharing and best of luck on future hunts. steve

Since you are hunting along a wall, don't forget to run your detector over the face of the wall on both sides and up and down. Folks have been known to remove a rock, put in a jar of coins, and put the rock back in place!

Geeez...

Since you are hunting along a wall, don't forget to run your detector over the face of the wall on both sides and up and down. Folks have been known to remove a rock, put in a jar of coins, and put the rock back in place!

SHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!! C'mon Newbieshooter! What a blabbermouth! Next you'll be telling him all our secrets, like meteorites in those old stone walls... :shock: Ahh man! Now look what you made me do! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom