Ring #28 and #29 Pictures...Scroll down!

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
It's getting harder and harder to get out and hunt with the shorter days, my work schedule, and other personal responsibilities. So, I've been doing a little research and trying to hit better/older areas close to home.

Well last week I hit a school built in the early 1900's. Of course it's been hunted out by now, but I still gave it a try. It's again obvious that whoever hit it didn't like pull-tabs either. I loaded up on nickels from 1 inch all the way down to 6 or 7 inches. Not many pull-tabs either. The ATPro worked like a champ in help finding the nickels. I didn't find a bunch of anything else but pennies. Some modern zinc ones down to 7 to 8 inches...freakin' zinc ones. The one bright spot was ring #28. At first I thought I had some bling, but after cleaning away the dirt/clay/sod I could see it was a junk ring. It gave me a solid 81-82 on the VDI. My last silver ring gave me a solid 82. BUMMER.
I think I ended up with about $3 in clad and pennies to go with the ring.

Now my most recent hunt I decided to hit a park close to my house. I had only 2 hours of light to work with. I hit the edge of the basketball court, did a drunk-man grid of the baseball/softball field, and concentrated on the bigger shade trees where the picnic tables used to be.

Tons of pull-tabs and bottlecaps. the ATPro was getting signals on every swing. It was pretty ugly for a bit. I was loading up on some pennies and nickels with the dime and quarter here and there. It was one of those days where I started thinking I should have went somewhere else. Then I get another penny signal. Solid "82" on the VDI. I located it with the Pro Pointer and knew it was close to the surface. I turn over the dirt...and BLING!!!!!

HUGE stone.....!!!! I clean off the inside of the ring and start crossing my fingers for white gold or platinum....! Well it says STERLING...! A little bit of a let down. Still I like the "Sterling" stamps better than the ".925" stamp. Makes me feel like I found a vintage ring!!!

Anyway, I'm fooling around trying to get a picture with my new phone and I discover that this possible vintage ring says.....on the opposite side of the "Sterling"....says........"AVON"!!!!!!!

So, I think it's a given that the "HUGE STONE"....is not real!

No matter rings are cool....TREASURE.....!

I'll to get some pics up.

I tell you what. Looking at your stats for the year just blows my mind!:shock:
7913 coins-$459.82 49-wheats/8-silver coins/8-silver jewelry/6-gold jewelry
And to top it off....29 rings? Wow! Congrats on a tremendous year my friend! I have not seen anyone that's posted that comes close to 7,913 coins.:yes:
Well Done!

And to top it off....29 rings? Wow! Congrats on a tremendous year my friend! I have not seen anyone that's posted that comes close to 7,913 coins.:yes:
Well Done!

KingTotsALot hits more tot-lots than me.

He overtook me a ways back....he's an animal.

Well Done!

Returned 2 class rings...1 gold...too!

My apologies to the King. You both deserve kudos for your efforts!
:clapping:

Thats a lot of hunting!
I found almost 100 coins the other day but it took me 5 hours and cost me a day to recover. I can't imagine 8,000 coins and 29 rings.
A tip of my hat to you, sir.

Thats a lot of hunting!
I found almost 100 coins the other day but it took me 5 hours and cost me a day to recover. I can't imagine 8,000 coins and 29 rings.
A tip of my hat to you, sir.

8000 coins really isn't alot if you think about all of the schools, parks, and playgrounds I have available to hunt. Also, since I started metal detecting, a year ago this last August, I've seen a total of 5 other detectionist. The 29 rings is from digging all penny and nickel signals with the Ace250. My recent upgrade to the ATPro did slow down my ring totals with my learning of the machine.

Oh, earlier in the warmer weather months I'd get an hour or two hunts in at least 5 days a week. Of course, some of those hunts turned into 5, 6, 7 hour, or all day FUN.

If you do the math, my average per coin is a little over 5 cents. So, you can tell I dig ALL pennies!

Here's ring #28.

DSC00639.jpg

Polish it up I bet it will look fine. I guess it was Gold over Sterling at some point in time?

If you ever want to play, look into Gold Electroplating - you could re-plate it :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom