• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally hit gold at myrtle beach!!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Finally something worth posting!! Up to now I've found nothing but trash on the beach and clad. This morning I hit the beach at 5am and hit the wet sand at low tide. My first signal was a 12-22 and out popped what I'm pretty sure is a white gold pendant. I don't see a mark and I don't have my loupe with me but it's heavy and not corroded and hits on the ctx where gold would. I'll get it tested when I get home from vacation. Ty for looking and HH!
b496c76dad300678b5021e4a86ab5150.jpg

244d7939affc4637fedd9b6af6509e60.jpg

1909c97576b24e0c59e03bfae0273caf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Luck on that one CW...hard to say without any kind of hallmarks...even then a guy doesnt really know for sure sometimes...sometimes there just NO DOUBT regarding gold...A find like that one could go either way...if theres a jewelry store nearby, take it in there for an evaluation?...

Well, stay on those signals and let us know what you discover!

Good Luck on that one CW...hard to say without any kind of hallmarks...even then a guy doesnt really know for sure sometimes...sometimes there just NO DOUBT regarding gold...A find like that one could go either way...if theres a jewelry store nearby, take it in there for an evaluation?...

Well, stay on those signals and let us know what you discover!

I'm definitely taking it to a jeweler to get it tested.

Mystery Metal! Thats a beautiful shot of the sunrise and your gear there...Good on ya for being out on the beach hunting pre Sunup...that alone is a trophy Huh?

Mystery Metal! Thats a beautiful shot of the sunrise and your gear there...Good on ya for being out on the beach hunting pre Sunup...that alone is a trophy Huh?

It's not copper and it's not silver for sure, I'll get it tested asap. I get up every morning at 4:45 to beat the crowds

Agree with Kapi

Doesn't look like gold, you didn't even get the silver metal Vic, :lol: , however have a good time on vacation, Myrtle Beach is usually sanded in, you have better odds with the girls their bro., check out the Sundown Sports Pub , in Surf side beach bro., good luck in your venture for gold, Earl

Doesn't look like gold, you didn't even get the silver metal Vic, :lol: , however have a good time on vacation, Myrtle Beach is usually sanded in, you have better odds with the girls their bro., check out the Sundown Sports Pub , in Surf side beach bro., good luck in your venture for gold, Earl

What could it be?? It's not copper, it's not silver or aluminum.

Junk Metal

Found enough of it Vic, not even plated , if plated gold, usually it would have marking's, listen keep up the good work, look for the low spot's if any, holes, washed out sand, and THE GIRLS :shock::lol: , enjoy yourself young man, have a good time, Earl BY the way, what number's on the CTX3030 does it register when you air test it ?

Could be white gold if it came out of the sand looking like your pics. If it was plated base metal, you'd likely see some flaking.

Found enough of it Vic, not even plated , if plated gold, usually it would have marking's, listen keep up the good work, look for the low spot's if any, holes, washed out sand, and THE GIRLS :shock::lol: , enjoy yourself young man, have a good time, Earl BY the way, what number's on the CTX3030 does it register when you air test it ?

It came out looking like the pics. It air tests 12-22

Looking at how it broke, the marks could be on the connector between the pendant and the chain. This gold pendant isn't marked on the pendant itself.

20170411_122703_zpskbwm0cez.jpg

Al way's a chance bro.

Throw it in the finds bag, test it when you get back, go get ya some yellow , than you can put you hopes to rest :lol: :detector: , waiting for the EYE CANDY picks howboutit :D

Back
Top Bottom