New Arrow in the Quiver

scoundrel

six feet under(water)
I gotta drive up to Tennessee later on this week, so I finally ordered an XP Deus WS 5, with a 9 inch coil, which is been on my wish list for a long time now. Super stoked. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

There are a lot of lakes and rivers in that area. There are very few people who detect from there toward far east TN. Check out Norris lake, Douglas lake or Cherokee lake for docks and swimming areas. West of Knoxville there are a couple of old towns and very old houses and business and closed down factories. My favorite is Rockwood. But make sure you ask. If you travel toward Kingsport, or Blountville 100 miles NE, Boone lake is down to the river bottom. The dam is being repaired and almost no one detects in that area. Lot's of boat ramps and boat docks sitting on dry land. The Daniel Boone trail runs through Piney Flats and down town Blountville. There is a old store and the D Boone trail that runs down Old Island Road that is close to down town Blountville. Lots of old farms. You can research it by google Blountville, TN and D Boone. At the green belt in Old Kingsport is where the old city was ,focus if you go, on the river side that's where the old barge used to come in with supplies for the settlers for the river port. That is where the city got it's name. That was King's Port. Also the Powhatan Indians lived there. You would have called them Cherokee. Wherever you go especially Knoxville and even East TN. Don't be out after dark detecting without a companion with you or in your holster. Good luck and that's some beautiful country. Smokey Mountain state park is close to Knoxville also, as well as Gatlinburg, Sevierville. Best bet is to googlemap before you go and read the history of the area.

There are a lot of lakes and rivers in that area. There are very few people who detect from there toward far east TN. Check out Norris lake, Douglas lake or Cherokee lake for docks and swimming areas. West of Knoxville there are a couple of old towns and very old houses and business and closed down factories. My favorite is Rockwood. But make sure you ask. If you travel toward Kingsport, or Blountville 100 miles NE, Boone lake is down to the river bottom. The dam is being repaired and almost no one detects in that area. Lot's of boat ramps and boat docks sitting on dry land. The Daniel Boone trail runs through Piney Flats and down town Blountville. There is a old store and the D Boone trail that runs down Old Island Road that is close to down town Blountville. Lots of old farms. You can research it by google Blountville, TN and D Boone. At the green belt in Old Kingsport is where the old city was ,focus if you go, on the river side that's where the old barge used to come in with supplies for the settlers for the river port. That is where the city got it's name. That was King's Port. Also the Powhatan Indians lived there. You would have called them Cherokee. Wherever you go especially Knoxville and even East TN. Don't be out after dark detecting without a companion with you or in your holster. Good luck and that's some beautiful country. Smokey Mountain state park is close to Knoxville also, as well as Gatlinburg, Sevierville. Best bet is to googlemap before you go and read the history of the area.

Damn dude...thanks for that! I will definitely use that information. I'll be posting finds.

Gold mines

Google Gold Ridge, Tennessee and Hot Springs, NC.

Just east of Newport, Tn. May as well look for nuggets. Bring your beach scoop there might be piles of them.

Don't let your truck brakes lock up there, heh, heh, heh.

Damn dude...thanks for that! I will definitely use that information. I'll be posting finds.

The eastern part of TN has so many places to hunt it's hard to nail them down. Even harder to find in the mountains. The Deus is the right machine for the area. I had one and they are great. Your welcome scoundrel and wish I would be back and we could have a hunt together.

Good luck with the new weapon......:yes: (Very nice of you dirtydog with the info.....)

Thanks but the info was easy. I used to live in east TN. Used to travel all over off roading. I know all that area very well.

Good Luck there Scoundrel! (Nice assist there Dirty!):clap:

Thanks Mud Man. I'm always glad to help when I can. I grew from a puupy to a dog there for 63 years when I moved to FL.

The eastern part of TN has so many places to hunt it's hard to nail them down. Even harder to find in the mountains. The Deus is the right machine for the area. I had one and they are great. Your welcome scoundrel and wish I would be back and we could have a hunt together.

If I do well in one of your spots, I will send you a couple of shipwreck goodies.

Did it come with V4 on it? I just finally updated mine from 3.2 to v4 and holy !!!! what a difference. The deus LOVES nickels so get ready to dig some rings. I call it the nickel sniffing machine. I'd suggest running the deus fast program until you get used to it. The Deus is an absolute BEAST in heavy iron too. My only regret is selling my 9" coil over the winter b/c I stupidly thought I was only going to water hunt going forward.

Congrats on an awesome machine. You're going to love it. It also works well in wet/dry sand if you need a backup.

Back
Top Bottom