My weekend in review

TheMaddMan

Elite Member
Finally broke down and got a used Excal II (thanks to ugadigger). Got a chance to take it out for a familiarization spin Friday after work. Hit the dry sand and pulled trash and 2 Zincoln's. Back out Sunday morning for Surf Church, took it out into the water. Lots of cans, pull tabs, and beavertails. I can absolutely say that I know the beavertail tone at this point. Got a little change, trash, a pair of Forster Grant glasses, and the first ring with it. SS junker, but, it's a ring, it really does fit me and I like, so, I'm wearing it. I think I'm going to like the Excal. Keep on keeping on and HH.

Heater_zpsfdix6nvz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1 hour dry sand hunt Friday.
IMG_1393_zpsjflzxeae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sunday Surf Church
IMG_1416_zpsl9n1ucir.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1417_zpsi3snm8hg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1419_zpsewpdxth4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Handsie says, Hey, what's this junk, feels kinda light!!!
IMG_1422_zpsik1xxz6v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice maiden voyage, cool stainless ring!

Thanks. I like it.

gold is in your future. keep going

Like a blind squirrel, I do find a nut every now and then.

A good start. Keep the goodies coming.

Thanks Scuba.
Not too bad for a first spin, keep it up!

Thanks Zee, hope to improve on the next spin.

Congrats on the new machine. She is a beauty.

I really do like her. Kind of wondered at first how I'd work her, but, she purrs like a kitten. Really like the iron nulling, lot of it at my home beach.

Congrats....... SS = Stainless or SS = Sterling Silver ??? Either way it's a cool ring. Hit it in the water? Just got a CZ-21 and it's a sweet sweet feeling to see a ring in the scoop - territory that is only available to us that paid up big...

MaddMan WTG I am glad you are getting some goods out of it! I see you kept the homemade guard I made LOL. Not pretty, but does the trick and I see it doesn't affect the detectors performance one bit!

Congrats....... SS = Stainless or SS = Sterling Silver ??? Either way it's a cool ring. Hit it in the water? Just got a CZ-21 and it's a sweet sweet feeling to see a ring in the scoop - territory that is only available to us that paid up big...

Stainless steel. Still waiting on silver/gold/plat.

MaddMan WTG I am glad you are getting some goods out of it! I see you kept the homemade guard I made LOL. Not pretty, but does the trick and I see it doesn't affect the detectors performance one bit!

Yes sir, kept the guard, ain't taking no chances on her getting hurt . Thanks again.

nice !!!

that nut with the plastic..looks like the one on my anderson shaft?? maybe someone lost one...lol

That's a lot of digging, good way to get the feel of the EXCAL. Keep at, I really like mine going on 4 years now. Hard to pass up those cans, sizing and lifting the coil can sometimes tell.....But then, it could also be a phone or camera.
SS ring, but still Kool!!
DL

Back
Top Bottom