Sound/Readout

stewartlittle

Sorry if I am posting too many theads,but I do have questions.

I never really understood how to use a MD,but some here said they would'nt by one with a readout because they are not accurate.Well,how do you tell if its trash or a coin when it goes ''BEEP"?

I need to know so I can decide what I want or need.I'm lookin at a Fisher 1236-X ; an Ace 250 ; and a Tersoro Vaquero for now.Went up on my budget.

Also,what about Bounty Hunters? How are they compared to the ones I listed?

Where can I find one,I even googled it and still cant find an f2.Fisher Labs dont show it on their site.

What Epi-hunter said. I might add that although the visual ID's aren't that reliable on deeper targets, they are, for the most part, very accurate on shallower targets. Also, on my DFX even on very deep targets I can get indications that tell me to dig or not.

Even on coins as deep as 9-10" I'll get a visual indication that it is probably good. Sometimes I'll get a signal that will only read(visually) good in one direction because it so deep, and even if that good reading only happens in one direction as long as the majority of the time it read high, it's usually good.

Most people agree digging everything that makes a noise is the only way to ensure you don't pass by anything good, but in practice thats not all that practical. Most parks are so full of trash you can spend day after day digging nothing but trash.

All in all - dont you all ever really wonder what you are leaving by relying on the readout ? I sure would. I dig probably 85% of the sounds on my Fisher 1266. I can frequently tell if an item is a coin or not but sometimes it turns out to be a gold or silver item or a coin after all.
Just my thoughts on the matter, Steve in so az

True Steve, and If I were 30 years younger I'd do just that.

Any more my time, and energy, is limited so I've got to make the best out of it. You can never be 100% right when choosing not to dig and thats why having as many sources of information are important too me. With the DFX I not only have audio but 3 forms of visual information to make my decision to dig or not.

Back
Top Bottom