More lead and Sea Glass

Seaking406

Elite Member
Careful what you bring back from the beach (freezing cold, winds, thanks mother nature, ya rotten....) I found the usual low end stuff on the beach, coins, lead chucks, coal that rolled up from a sunken collier from over 100 yrs ago.. neat.. And I found a lot of sea glass.. so I picked up a couple of nice coloureful pieces to take back to the missus..

Little did I know that she's absolutely in love with the stuff for doing crafts and such, that we're back out there the very next day picking up sea glass in the cold wet weather.. but having a blast..

Its fun when you can both enjoy the outdoors, almost doing the same thing ;)

Now, once we are done with THIS winter storm tonight, we might be out again looking for more.. while I scan for other things at the same time..

Fun fun!

Take a pic of the stuff I'd like to see it.

Good on ya! My Wife is bigtime into sea glass for her crafts...She made this lamp out of sea glass and limpet shells... I'm under strict orders to bring it home to her...She like to find it herself too, so thats nice...

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 422
  • lamp1.jpg
    lamp1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 401
Good on ya! My Wife is bigtime into sea glass for her crafts...She made this lamp out of sea glass and limpet shells... I'm under strict orders to bring it home to her...She like to find it herself too, so thats nice...

:wow: Mud that's awesome! Tiffany ain't got nothing on her!! :yes:

Kuddos to missus Mud-Puppy.. wow! Now THAT is impressive..

We have't found many large chunks or pieces, not with the storms hammering our Atlantic coasts.. I'm not sure if these images will do the items any justice to the colours and condition of the glass pieces.. Amongst the glass are pennies also found that day for size reference, another chunk of lead 'something' and a forest snail shell.. too fragile to be a sea snail (periwinkle) and of course an intact sand dollar, also rare to find them intact.. Glass with sharper edges and clear glass won't qualify as 'sea glass' yet.. needs more time in the sand ;)

Obviously, where there is more civilization, more glass will be found on those shores around fishing villages and the like.

Any hobby that can bring a couple together and have fun regardless of weather is a great hobby!!

Just have to wait for this last batch of SNOW to melt before we can go out again..

Attachments

• 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 401
Nice pile of glass. Cobalt blue and red are quite valuable. White, brown, and green are very common. if you find a lot of red and blue glass you can make some nice money selling it.

I love sea glass. I have a phenomenal sea glass collection. I went to Panama a few years ago and found a little cove at the bottom of a cliff with a 500 year old Spanish fort at the top. There was a hundred and fifty foot section of beach that was littered with sea glass. I brought back hundreds of pieces. Big black sea glass that is so dark, sunlight will not even penetrate it. It looks like a black stone. Perfectly frosted. Sea glass with bubbles, from old hand blown bottles. I also have about a dozen bottles that I found when I was treasure diving. All perfectly frosted, with no chips. One day, I'll take some good pictures and post them on a thread.

Dude, your wife is talented. That lamp is stunning.

Oh, wow!! That lamp is STUNNING! I've done some stained glass suncatchers but that is some serious skill and patience.

Debbie

We went out sea glass hunting again today before the storm hit.. and came back empty handed.. what clean beach! no trash nuttin.. Hopefully heading out again tomorrow to more promising beaches ;)

Careful what you bring back from the beach (freezing cold, winds, thanks mother nature, ya rotten....) I found the usual low end stuff on the beach, coins, lead chucks, coal that rolled up from a sunken collier from over 100 yrs ago.. neat.. And I found a lot of sea glass.. so I picked up a couple of nice coloureful pieces to take back to the missus..

Little did I know that she's absolutely in love with the stuff for doing crafts and such, that we're back out there the very next day picking up sea glass in the cold wet weather.. but having a blast..

Its fun when you can both enjoy the outdoors, almost doing the same thing ;)

Now, once we are done with THIS winter storm tonight, we might be out again looking for more.. while I scan for other things at the same time..

Fun fun!

FYI: Red sea glass is very rare and valuable. If you come across a large quantity of sea glass, look for the color red. You can make some money on it. Cobalt blue is also very desirable. You can Google sea class buyers and collectors to see what is marketable.

Back
Top Bottom