Amazing Year Continues with 21K

Compass

Forum Supporter
Despite losing 2 months to the stay-at-home mandate this could be one of the best years of metal detecting that I have ever had. Most of the 32 pieces of gold jewelry I have found in 2020 so far have been freshwater finds but during the last 30 days I have found some beach finds that have me pinching myself to see if I am dreaming.
In my last 3 hunts I added 2 more gold rings, a gold chain and a couple more silver items.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In one of those hunts I found a 10K gold chain that was stiff with the saltwater reacting to the numerous solder joints. It was a challenge to clean it and I wound up breaking off a couple inches of links. In that same hunt my second to last target was a gorgeous 21K, 7 gram, gold band- maybe one the prettiest rings I have ever found:
picture.php

The ring is now in my wife's possession, my dues for her support of my hobby. It's a small price to pay for the enjoyment that metal detecting brings me. Thanks for reading! GL&HH!

Congratz on the butter ! And good to see some CA action here .

:dingding: That 21K is really beautiful! Funny thing I have a 21K that I found last year that's on "loan" to my wife. :roll: :lol: I had a great start to the year but I have forgotten what gold looks like in the scoop for months. :(

Congratz on the butter ! And good to see some CA action here .
Thanks Tom, Since you have found so many gold coins you know how rich this ring looked coming out of the wet sand:
21K= .875
U.S. gold coin= .900
Pretty much the same gold content and color.

:dingding: That 21K is really beautiful! Funny thing I have a 21K that I found last year that's on "loan" to my wife. :roll: :lol: I had a great start to the year but I have forgotten what gold looks like in the scoop for months. :(
Thanks Felix, Well, you are due for a nice one then- soon I would bet! :yes:

Wow I thought I was doing pretty good this year, 32 pieces of gold at just over mid year is awesome!!! Big congrats. Like the others said, that 22k is something else. Beautiful piece

Wow I thought I was doing pretty good this year, 32 pieces of gold at just over mid year is awesome!!! Big congrats. Like the others said, that 22k is something else. Beautiful piece
Thanks Rat, I'm pretty happy with the total but even more satisfied with the quality of some of the finds like this 22K ring. I also have 3-10+ gram gold rings this year which, I think, is 3 more than I had all of last year.
Of course, being retired now has a lot to do with it but I'd say that we are both doing pretty well considering the competition we have out there.

Wow...those are some great finds! Congrats!
Thanks CalReg, It's interesting how just a couple of targets can change good hunts into unforgettable ones.

Find George , you must be hitting the high end rich beaches
Thanks Earl, I don't know about that. I hunt public beaches so anyone can use them. Most of the rings I find at them are a far cry from high-end. :lol:

Sigh...

D5D2F448-7718-42B4-A904-CECFA760A3C0.jpeg

Would you guys PLEASE send some of that swell up here!

R5

Apart from the fantastic jewellery I love the Multitool - has that Old school/Steam Punk look....
Thanks Sparky, I was wondering if anyone would comment on it. I like it a lot and spent about an hour cleaning it up yesterday. It is in great condition and I expect to get much use from it! :yes:

congrats on all that yellow, quite a nice pile esp considering you have 4 more months to add to it. Didn't see a pic of that ring but at that karat it must shine

Back
Top Bottom