Gold prices

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
OK guys gold is UP..... they tempted me...... i bite and sent a LOT of plain bands and silver in to Midwest. Didnt realize i had so much silver in the jars. Confirmed they still pay 95% spot. Im playing the slots with them....... it should arrive by Friday which aint a bad day. I just didnt want it to hit MONDAY... it seems to be unpredictable. BUT.... anyone else thinking about it .... best not send it in until mine is done since normally karma laughs at me and the price goes dowwwwn.:laughing: Gold Melt.....$1838.

Yes them big pay checks bring a smile..... and you can justify that next detector and make silly comments like .....see its paying.:lol:

OK guys gold is UP..... they tempted me...... i bite and sent a LOT of plain bands and silver in to Midwest. Didnt realize i had so much silver in the jars. Confirmed they still pay 95% spot. Im playing the slots with them....... it should arrive by Friday which aint a bad day. I just didnt want it to hit MONDAY... it seems to be unpredictable. BUT.... anyone else thinking about it .... best not send it in until mine is done since normally karma laughs at me and the price goes dowwwwn.:laughing: Gold Melt.....$1838.

I think I’m gonna overnight my gold tonight. I too will just go with Midwest. I felt with them before.

I had a friend that nugged me when it hit 1400 last August saying sell-sell. Now one year later it's headed for 2 grand a ounce..:money:

Ya something like 64% higher than $1200. I’ll take that as profit ... and spend it when paper comes back. So don’t buy inflated paper .... so what’s your solution to make a profit? Just keep it... not much of an investment plan. This is A lot of free money as well when it’s all found money.

Ya something like 64% higher than $1200. I’ll take that as profit ... and spend it when paper comes back. So don’t buy inflated paper .... so what’s your solution to make a profit? Just keep it... not much of an investment plan. This is A lot of free money as well when it’s all found money.
Nothing wrong with taking a profit!

Found money is good money!

For some, gold’s not an investment. It’s a hedge for when a currency hyper-inflates, via massive printing with nothing to back said paper. It’s possible at some point in time that no one will accept the inflated paper as payment, but will accept gold.

I had a friend that nugged me when it hit 1400 last August saying sell-sell. Now one year later it's headed for 2 grand a ounce..:money:
Yep, inflation. It takes $500 more to buy that same oz. of gold just one year later! Beef prices have doubled in my local market, and cereal prices have gone up, the boxes smaller!

How do you feel comfortable sending your gold far away to maybe low ball what you sent or lose some of it?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Try getting a good price locally. Ive dealt with these two companies for years now. Even if you have a local refinery doing it.....there is always some loss when the gold is melted.... even the cheap scales we buy dont weight it right. So, if you can get a local buyer at 85% you maybe as well off. Ive never really felt cheated coming away with less that i thought.

As far as some day gold being used for money, i doubt that at our level. We are seriously moving toward no money with everything being in the AIR on line. I can say i carry $100 bill on me .... but rarely have to break it. Im a cash in hand kind of guy ..... i watch investors say my stock is worth $100..... then tomorrow its only $50. I chuckle saying where the heck did that money go and who got it. Now theres something i dont understand. This is a lot of free cash that just like tomorrow ..... if the price goes back to $1200 seems like a win to me.

Hi everyone, is ARA gold still the best place to get cash for scrap? It was when I was a little more regular on here years ago, the local shops don't pay much at all!
Thanks.

Update 8/12: I reached out to ARA for more info and they responded with,
"We are business to business only."
Emailed MidWest Refineries and they do transactions with the general public.

Thread from The Traveler about his experience sending the gold in.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=284568&page=2

Last edited:
I prefered Midwest. They up their payout to 95%. Ara pays 98%, but not to general public now .... so 95% to us. They changed hands a few years back no longer family run. I just felt the way they went from troy ounces..... penny weight ... melt ect was confusing compared to Midwest very simply explained and i felt good about the final pay out. They were also very fast to return my check. Ive got a good bit that arrived there this morning.

Why cash in now?

Fiat currencies around the world will continue to be debased at an accelerating rate.

The rally in gold is just getting started.

Back
Top Bottom