Root Assassin shovel

Was just reading the reviews that mention "Metal Detecting" for this one and though many are positive, a 1-star review showed a photo of how his handle broke after the third time using it.

Jim

I use a root slayer nomad, several months now. Have "leaned" on it quite hard and I'm surprised to hear someone was able to break theirs.

I have the "Root Slayer" . Lightweight, sharp and pointed pretty much perfectly. Even makes small plugs so you're not digging craters. I'll have to look into the lowes one tho, there's some areas out here that require a little more umph... lol

There's four models... which do you have ? Length and weight vary quite a bit. See my earlier reply with prices, descriptions and links to each model on the manufacturer's web site.

Jim

I use a root slayer nomad, several months now. Have "leaned" on it quite hard and I'm surprised to hear someone was able to break theirs.

My Nomad arrived in the mail today. Looks sturdy and well built. My Nox 600 arrives tomorrow; so I'll soon know how the Nomad copes with Georgia red clay.

Oh hell, you can break any shovel or even a backhoe if you have no common sense. It seems to be well built, has some good features and the price is reasonable. It's worth a try.

Root Slayer Nomad received

Just had delivery of my Root Slayer Nomad. First thing I did was take a Sharpie (™️) indelible marker and put my name and phone number on the shaft, in a spot that will not see wear from using it. Wishing I had done this on the Lesche “T-handle” shovel I lost at a hunt and was never found. Lesson learned.

Hope to be able to use this before old man winter ends detecting season around here.

Jim

Root Assassin....Root Slayer...….CoinShooting……...Clad Stabbing...….Killer finds......Killer Hunts...….somebody's going to call the cops:laughing::police:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom