TID was 31, I dug the plug hoping for a silver quarter.... but found a bullet ? ......a silver bullet ? ......did The Lone Ranger drop one ? ......w

GKL

Forum Supporter
Nah, after getting it out it then rang up varying between about 20-22 on my Nox 800, but my initial thought when finding it was "a silver bullet ?" :laughing:

Hey, at least my trash to non-trash ratio was down with Thursday's (Oct 24) hunt, only 3 trash finds along with 6 non-trash finds !

Here is a pic of the bullet along with 2 dimes and 3 pennies, the 1964 penny has a steel look to it but I know that is just the appearance for some reason.
20191024_183359_yard.jpg

Here are close ups of the bullet and 1964 penny - (any bullet experts recognize what type it is ?)
S20191024_0004.jpg S20191024_0002.jpg S20191024_0003.jpg S20191024_0005.jpg S20191024_0006.jpg

Looks like you are getting better with the new machine.

Nah, after getting it out it then rang up varying between about 20-22 on my Nox 800, but my initial thought when finding it was "a silver bullet ?" :laughing:

Hey, at least my trash to non-trash ratio was down with Thursday's (Oct 24) hunt, only 3 trash finds along with 6 non-trash finds !

Here is a pic of the bullet along with 2 dimes and 3 pennies, the 1964 penny has a steel look to it but I know that is just the appearance for some reason.
View attachment 452290

Here are close ups of the bullet and 1964 penny - (any bullet experts recognize what type it is ?)
View attachment 452291 View attachment 452292 View attachment 452293 View attachment 452294 View attachment 452295
Looks like practice with the new machine is starting to pay off.

GKL, what's this all about ?? Are you trying to make the rest of us green with envy ? To be drooling over our computer keyboards ? To make yourself the almighty-of-metal-detecting and gloat beyond measure ??

I mean, sheesk, none of us has ever found a copper 1964 memorial, or bullet shell, or zinc penny before. No need to be a show-off ! Therefore, please, ..... be a bit more humble in the future. Ok ?

Without measurements, I'd have to say thats a .45 slug.

Thanks, just did a quick measurement, the bullet is roughly 3/8 inch wide and 5/8 inch long.

Looks like practice with the new machine is starting to pay off.

Digging up more non-trash finds than trash is nice !

GKL, what's this all about ?? Are you trying to make the rest of us green with envy ? To be drooling over our computer keyboards ? To make yourself the almighty-of-metal-detecting and gloat beyond measure ??

I mean, sheesk, none of us has ever found a copper 1964 memorial, or bullet shell, or zinc penny before. No need to be a show-off ! Therefore, please, ..... be a bit more humble in the future. Ok ?

:laughing:

Hey, I'm just excited to be starting to learn my new Nox 800 enough to dig less trash, at least on Thursday's hunt :lol:

Thanks, just did a quick measurement, the bullet is roughly 3/8 inch wide and 5/8 inch long.

Hey, I'm just excited to be starting to learn my new Nox 800 enough to dig less trash, at least on Thursday's hunt :lol:

Tom us East Coast kids can’t help we have all the coolers over here!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing:

That's the spirit that will lead you to metal detecting greatness ! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom