headphones for a nox 600

Miccus SR-71 head phones

The older Miccus headsets were BT 4.2. The new ones are BT 5.0. Minelab has not upgraded to 5.0 technology. The problem is not the initial pair, but
re-paring. It can take me a half hour or sometimes not at all to pair. I have a call into Minelab to see if they intend to upgrade to 5.0 technology.
Good Luck

The older Miccus headsets were BT 4.2. The new ones are BT 5.0. Minelab has not upgraded to 5.0 technology. The problem is not the initial pair, but
re-paring. It can take me a half hour or sometimes not at all to pair. I have a call into Minelab to see if they intend to upgrade to 5.0 technology.
Good Luck

The BT technology is backwards compatible. The codec or protocol used, in this case APTX-LL, is not specific to the BT version. I have BT5.0 earbuds (Soundpeats Q12+) and headphones (Aksonic) that are both APTX -LL compatible, and both communicate perfectly with my Nox800. What im trying to say is that the Nox may be hardware limited to BT4.1 or 4.2, but because it has support for APTX-LL, it shouldnt matter what BT version your future set of headphones are as long as they support APTX-LL.

I hope that makes sense. The only thing I was trying to get across was that upgrading the Nox to BT5.0 is not necessary (and probably not possible) to get your BT5.0 headphones to work properly.

What firmware version are you running on your Nox? I wonder if upgrading or rolling back to an older version would help or change your outcome...

Last edited:
Well that sucks! I was going to buy a backup set and now the newer version doesnt work with metal detectors and it specifically states that in the Amazon ad at the bottom. Kinda strange that they wont work?

https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Upgraded-Bluetooth-Headphones-Isolating/dp/B01GGKNYOQ

This is actually comical. If a bluetooth transmitter (ie Nox600/800) is BT4.2 and APTX-LL compatible, there should be no reason a set of BT5.0 headphones that are also APTX-LL compatible, should not work. This is just their disclaimer to say they screwed something up and dont want any more returns based on incompatibility with the Nox specifically.

If you read the ad for the Aksonic, theyve added that their headphones work specifically with metal detecting equipment.

I am considering buying the Trond headphones. APTX low latency BT 4.2
(compatible with the equinox 600).
Does anyone know if I need to purchase the transmitter with it.

I am considering buying the Trond headphones. APTX low latency BT 4.2
(compatible with the equinox 600).
Does anyone know if I need to purchase the transmitter with it.

No. The Nox is your transmitter.

Trond headset for Nox 600

Just ordered A Trond 4.2 BT APTX Low latency head set for use with my Nox 600. From all that I saw this should pair fine with my Nox.
I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for all the help

The problem is with the re-pairing, can take forever if at all.

You shouldnt have to re-pair everytime. You pair one time and when you want the same two devices connected, you simply turn them on in close proximity and they will auto-reconnect.

I suspect that youve successfully paired them at one time and somehow on subsequent attempts either the nox or your headphones are in pairing mode and the other is attempting the auto-reconnect and they arent seeing each other until either the re-pair attempt has timed out, and the auto-reconnect occurrs, or both have timed out resulting in no connection. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Trond headset for nox 600

Just received my Trond headset to replace the Miccus which never paired properly. The Trond paired and repaired without any problems. I read that Trond has upgraded to BT 5.0 even thought their instructions read 4.2 low latency. They seem to be completely compatible with the Nox.

Miccus SR-71 head phones

Just received the Trond head set. Paired and re-paired perfectly.

However I'm hearing rumors that they just switched too BT 5.0. Can only tell you that mine works just fine.

Be Careful

Miccus problem

Just received my Trond headset. They pair and re-pair with my Nox 600 perfectly. I was assured by Tronds that the Tronds are BT 4.2 low latency.
After trearing my hair out with the Miccus which are BT 5.0, this work just fine.
Ordered from Amazon for $59.95

This is actually comical. If a bluetooth transmitter (ie Nox600/800) is BT4.2 and APTX-LL compatible, there should be no reason a set of BT5.0 headphones that are also APTX-LL compatible, should not work. This is just their disclaimer to say they screwed something up and dont want any more returns based on incompatibility with the Nox specifically.

If you read the ad for the Aksonic, theyve added that their headphones work specifically with metal detecting equipment.

Agreed, They should be backward compatible. I will check out the Aksonic.
Thanks.

Not sure if you get them in the States, but we can get August EP650's for around $20 if you make on offer on that famous auction site..They are low latency AptX and BT4.2..

They pair perfectly with my Racer and my Nox800..

They are not as robust as some headphones, but I used them for several months with my Racer before switching to the Nox and still keep them as a back up...

Edited to add, if you down load the associated free app from August, the sound quality of the headphone is fully adjustable and once you've made the change once, the new settings are saved on the headphones for future use...

Back
Top Bottom