Not using Mixed Mode on your White's? Better think twice!

Sweet! That video says it all, and puts the question if the V3i can go deep!
For those who do not have a White's XLT, DFX or V3i, I'll briefly explain what we're talking about. I do not know if any other brand has this feature.

Mixed mode is an OPTION to let the user hear both the Discrimination sounds and the all-metal sounds at the same time. The advantage is that the discrimination circuits are separate on the White’s machines from the all-metal, non-motion modes. As with any detector, operating in all-metal mode (non-motion) senses deeper than the discrimination (motion) modes.
In mixed mode a deep target will be detected in the all metal mode, while often be too deep for the discrimination circuits to sound. Also, the all-metal part of the mixed mode can help you find a target hat may otherwise be missed for another reason. All-metal modes are much more sensitive along the edges of the coin, than the discrimination mode. This means a target that is not centered will make a sound, alerting you to check that area more carefully. You will be surprised how many targets get missed in normal discrimination – motion mode. These near-misses will pop up in Mixed mode.

The V3i also allows the user to choose to hear the all-metal (non-motion) mode in one ear, and the discrimination mode (motion) in the other! This is called Stereo Mixed Mode, and some users like it that way. They concentrate on the all-metal mode in one ear, and when they hear a faint target that was too faint to be detected with the other ear, they know they need to investigate further.
Note: Since you can hear all-metal – you do not use this in trashy areas. But for relics, it’s a depth mine.

I've never found spots around here to hunt where MM would do anything more than slow down my coin count. Unless you are woods-hunting, MM has very limited benefits. There's just way too much noise to target ration. I do use it at times, but for other reasons. Let me also add that given the priviledge of using a shovel, I'd certainly chase more deep sounding targets with little to no VDI reports. With only a hand digger??? Tell me you would dig lots of these yourself. I had tons of fun on my own property when I first started MDing with my shovel and the hint of target reports off the depth chart of my old Whites.

MM has it purpose, in it's own place. General public hunt areas? No. jm2c martin

Sweet! That video says it all, and puts the question if the V3i can go deep!
For those who do not have a White's XLT, DFX or V3i, I'll briefly explain what we're talking about. I do not know if any other brand has this feature.

Mixed mode is an OPTION to let the user hear both the Discrimination sounds and the all-metal sounds at the same time. The advantage is that the discrimination circuits are separate on the White’s machines from the all-metal, non-motion modes. As with any detector, operating in all-metal mode (non-motion) senses deeper than the discrimination (motion) modes.
In mixed mode a deep target will be detected in the all metal mode, while often be too deep for the discrimination circuits to sound. Also, the all-metal part of the mixed mode can help you find a target hat may otherwise be missed for another reason. All-metal modes are much more sensitive along the edges of the coin, than the discrimination mode. This means a target that is not centered will make a sound, alerting you to check that area more carefully. You will be surprised how many targets get missed in normal discrimination – motion mode. These near-misses will pop up in Mixed mode.

The V3i also allows the user to choose to hear the all-metal (non-motion) mode in one ear, and the discrimination mode (motion) in the other! This is called Stereo Mixed Mode, and some users like it that way. They concentrate on the all-metal mode in one ear, and when they hear a faint target that was too faint to be detected with the other ear, they know they need to investigate further.
Note: Since you can hear all-metal – you do not use this in trashy areas. But for relics, it’s a depth mine.

The MXT mixed mode is on by default. Makes some people think the MXT is too noisy but it sure ferrets out the deepies. :yes:

So do you hand dig your iffy, whisper signals in public places with only the use of a Leshe or other hand digger, and no shovel? martin

If it is not against the law, I still use a Relic Pro shovel. It will dig a cleaner plug than even the best hand tool. Once the plug is replaced, you can't tell I was there.

Even if I was using the hand Lesche I would still use MM and dig it.

80T.jpg

I've read that a lot of xlt user using mix mode also. I just got a xlt so I will be playing with mm.

Old post. But if you watch this vid you'll see why I switched to a pistolprobe pinpointer. It's a PITA to keep picking a detector back up. Stereo mixed mode takes some getting used to.

I agree a great mode, I would use it on my XLT in the woods off around cellar holes where trash wasn't that big of an issue. I just received a V3i today and while testing it out, noticed the mixed mode was in many cases several inches deeper than normal mode.

I think I remember using mixed mode when I had my Vx3. I liked it because it seemed to give a double hit on actual targets where junk ringing as targets just hit once. May have just been my ears. Odd that it takes using MM to hit a coin sized button at 10-11 inches with a VERY iffy hit.

Using Mixed Mode, it is best to turn Ratchet Pinpoint off and turn VCO on.
Looking where old houses have been, Mixed Mode helps you find coins and relics. One thing you will notice, if hunting close to another detector you can have lots of disturbance.

Mixed mode

My problem is other machines would've found this with no problem, I've seen it. I've seen buttons at 10-11" so why does whites have to run mixed mode to reach that deep.

How can I set up my V3I, please? For example, frequency, based on what mode, pulse sensitivity and so on, thank you very much

Using Mixed Mode, it is best to turn Ratchet Pinpoint off and turn VCO on.
Looking where old houses have been, Mixed Mode helps you find coins and relics. One thing you will notice, if hunting close to another detector you can have lots of disturbance.
N/t

Back
Top Bottom