• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today is the day!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
It finally happened! A gold ring! A large 14K Frederick Goldman white gold wedding band!

I have been focusing some of my hunting recently to finding jewelry, with coins as an incidental bonus. So far this year, I had found 6 or 7 rings, a few pins, and a couple cross necklaces. No sterling or gold before now.

Huge THANK YOU goes out to SkippySH13! Skippy, I reread your ring hunting guide post this morning. It was a good reminder on where to search, and good inspiration to stick with it. I kept reminding myself that zinc penny type signals are a good thing. Sure enough, a zinc penny signal that I may have ignored in the past, turned out to be real gold! My very first gold ever!

Attachments

• DSCN7264.jpg
    DSCN7264.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN7263.jpg
    DSCN7263.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN7269.jpg
    DSCN7269.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN7271.jpg
    DSCN7271.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 370
Congrats. I got too hot this morning with the car a ways off and decided to work back skipping pennies. I'm going back earlier tomorrow, it's been bothering me what I might have left, now I know..I left gold

It finally happened! A gold ring! A large 14K Frederick Goldman white gold wedding band!

Huge THANK YOU goes out to SkippySH13! Skippy, I reread your ring hunting guide post this morning. It was a good reminder on where to search, and good inspiration to stick with it. I kept reminding myself that zinc penny type signals are a good thing. Sure enough, a zinc penny signal that I may have ignored in the past, turned out to be real gold! My very first gold ever!

Congrats on the very nice ring. Could you furnish a link the Skippy's guide you mentioned? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

John

Congrats. I got too hot this morning with the car a ways off and decided to work back skipping pennies. I'm going back earlier tomorrow, it's been bothering me what I might have left, now I know..I left gold
Yep. Go get 'em! Makes me wonder how many rings I detected and decided not to dig.

Congrats on your first gold ring and not only that...it's a beauty too! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I measured the inside diameter @22mm. That converts to US size 12 3/4!
Sweet! Nice Freddie G ya got there!
Thanks! I saw the "F", with the stylized "G", so I searched "FG gold ring", and Frederick Goldman came up right away.
Congrats on the very nice ring. Could you furnish a link the Skippy's guide you mentioned? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
John
Thank you. This is a must read for ring hunting on land. He posted recently in the general forum about hunting for rings, but here is his original writeup on ring hunting: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=245454&highlight=Ring

Thanks for the link. I have read it before but couldn't find again. This time I'll save the link.

No heartbreaking gold electroplate this time (HGE) you have found the real deal this time congratulations.

The first gold ring I dug was by a complete accident. I just got through digging a pocket spill of 35 pennies that were Zinkies. 50 feet away another signal rang up as a zinke on my Ace 400. I walked away and decided to go back and dig one more zinc surprise surprise. Once again nice job on the big gold ring.

Thanks everyone. Got quite a charge out of this one! It's so huge, I thought it would qualify as a "Honker" for sure. If this bad boy is "only" 7.6 grams, I can only imagine what a 10+ gram Honker would be like!
BTW, it was found in a football field, about ten yards in front of the bleachers. I was gridding the area, back & forth in front of the bleachers; working my way outward. I had previously picked most of the quarters and dimes out of this area. I may have scanned the ring before, but passed on digging it.

Congrats on a nice gold ring find! I’m about to go on a hunt now, so you’re Post has made me confident that I’ll find a gold ring too!:laughing:

Dang buddy when you said you were "another hunt closer".. you weren't kidding.. awesome first gold.. more to follow I am sure.

good luck on the jewelry hunting.. it's my thing too

Congrats on a nice gold ring find! I’m about to go on a hunt now, so you’re Post has made me confident that I’ll find a gold ring too!:laughing:
Knowing you, I would wager on it. Thanks!

Finding that first gold is a GREAT feeling and that's a real beauty you found there, Big Congrats!!
The best part is being successful at a goal I set for myself. A goal that once seemed nearly impossible. Also, I feel like I got a monkey off my back.

Dang buddy when you said you were "another hunt closer".. you weren't kidding.. awesome first gold.. more to follow I am sure.
good luck on the jewelry hunting.. it's my thing too

No I wasn't. Dead serious. Skippy's location suggestions put me on multiple junk rings this year, and I put myself on a mission to make it pay. I will keep at it some, but have other goals to divvy up my time on.

Congratulations on a very nice first. My first was also a white gold 14k FG. I thought fg stood for filled gold. Glad some one told me what I had.

Back
Top Bottom