Couple hours in the Park!!!

wvdave107

Elite Member
Haven't been able to do much hunting this summer, but I hit a couple of new areas (never hunted by me) in my park this morning to play with the setting on my machine. Nothing mind blowing, but it was nice to get out and continue to learn my ATP....Very capable machine, by the way....

Found a token of some sort. Size of a quarter and rang up in the mid 70's. If anyone has an idea please feel free to comment.

Also, found my first dog tags...

Attachments

• 20 July 18' 6.JPG
    20 July 18' 6.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 426
  • 20 July 18' 5.JPG
    20 July 18' 5.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 399
  • 20 July 18' 2.JPG
    20 July 18' 2.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 20 july 18' 1.JPG
    20 july 18' 1.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 400
Great to see that you were able to get out for awhile again, wvdave! Nice brass casing and headstamp - I never cease to be amazed by how much ammunition pops up in parks. Every single public park that I've hunted for more than an hour has yielded at least some form of ammo!

Looks like the eagle token is a modern arcade-style token, probably from the 80s or 90s, give or take a decade :grin: Is the other one a Cheese Rat token? The "Jaquars" matchbox car looks to be in nice shape - was that an eyeball find, or just clean up well?

Overall a good couple hour hunt!

The car was a surface find...The other 2 were a few inches down...and yes it is a Cheese Rat token....:laughing: find one every now and up there...Thanks for the ID on the other token...I was thinking an arcade type or gaming token of some sort....

Toys, tokens, dog tags, a key, headstamp, shell casing, and coins too! That's a decent hunt right there. The NO CASH VALUE arcade tokens are also carnival tokens. They come with various designs. Fun to find.

Outstanding! All finds are cool and tell a story!..I like finding Dog tags especially!...Dogs are very good for a Man to have around...representing total symbiotic loyalty between two distinct creatures going through Life together, taking care of each other on this inhospitable Planet..Plus, you can eat a dog if it comes down to it, or he can eat you!....Its a mutual understanding in a desperation scenario...

Primarily, Occams Razor parameters, to survive here, A guy simply must have a partnership with a good loyal dog! ...Then a decent knife, a blue plastic tarp, a lighter would be nice......everything else we have above that are simply accessories/tokens/toys..."No Cash Value" kind of things when survival really matters..A guy needs a dog though...and a dog needs a guy..."We are gonna get through this, just bite you lip and give it hell!"...:laughing:.

Attachments

• pimay.jpg
    pimay.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
I occasionally find dog tags at the beach. Usually not enough information to be able to return to who ever the dog owned. But Dave I found one a couple years back from Huntington. I contacted the human side of the relationship and they did not want the tag back. The dog did not bother to answer my emails.

Back
Top Bottom