New Detector Coming Soon

The Lama

Elite Member
So one night last winter I stumbled across a guy swinging a detector I didn't recognize. I could tell he was a little bummed I saw it so I looked away and promised I would keep my mouth shut. After talking for awhile I recommended a better beach for testing. One that has a section of black wet sand, clean white sand and an area of extreme black dry sand all within a couple hundred yards.

We arranged to meet there a couple weeks later and I brought my multi freq and pi. We went to the the middle of the beach where the black sand was horrible. He buried a quarter, nickel and penny deep. I tried my multi first and could not hit any of the coins. In either all metal or disc wide open. I then used my pi and 2 of the 3 maybe because I knew they were there. I then tried his new detector and hit all 3 pretty easily. I was completely blown away.

Here's what I can say about this detector. It is all carbon fiber and feels similar in weight to an F2. It has a all black sand feature that is separate from ground balance. As well as a way to adjust for salinity that is separate from ground balance. There is a disc mode, all metal and mixed where you get both at once. He said it's not single, multi, pi or zero voltage but something new which is why I couldn't say anything about it until his patents cleared. It's made in California and will be available in a few weeks.

This sounds very exciting. Hopefully it will be affordable and useful in the dirt too.

Mmmmmmhhh

So it's not a PI or transmitting any frequency? Can't be off of electro magnet if it's gonna hit non ferrous targets. Not sure what zero voltage is, but sounds suspect.

here's a little something about the ZVT

https://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/better-understanding-zero-voltage-transmission-zvt

I too would be suspect...but I'm also interested in what comes of it, if anything. It takes quite awhile for patents to go through, so if it really IS something new, it will be awhile. Even if his patents all were approved the day after you spoke with him, it would take a long time to get set up to manufacture a large quantity of new detectors.

Here's hoping though. Did he say anything about cost?

So its just a random guy? A company? His patents haven't went through yet but it will be available in a few weeks? So has he started production without his patents? Something doesn't sound right.

Hmmm...I am all for innovation. Looks like Minelabs, Whites and other have patents granted this year. Give me new products! (I know patents do not translate to new products...but at least it is proof of R and D). Now starting buzz with a new product. Marketing is a tricky thing. After looking at past Lama post I doubt that is what he is doing.

I hope something comes out soon, something cool. It would be nice to see something else talked about beside the Nox :p

After Minelabs success...I really want to see what all the big brands do...its going to be a exciting year.

pretty sure patents are done which is why he said i can mention it

Sounds good - a detectorist has to have a large bankroll to keep up with all of the latest toys!

... He said it's not single, multi, pi or zero voltage but something new which is why I couldn't say anything about it until his patents cleared. It's made in California and will be available in a few weeks.

The thought of a new beach machine is exciting!

Recently there were detector trade shows in Las Vegas and Paris. Lots of new vendors and models were showcased and said to be coming to market soon. Perhaps you can do some google-searching and see if you find a match to the one you saw?

It"s not necessarily a beach machine i think it was designed as an all around detector,by the way the last time i met the guy that developed it i brought raider 5 so he also got to try it.I also invited Darth Finger but he was having a cocktail party in which he only invited girls,come to think of it i haven"t heard from him since.

It"s not necessarily a beach machine i think it was designed as an all around detector,by the way the last time i met the guy that developed it i brought raider 5 so he also got to try it.I also invited Darth Finger but he was having a cocktail party in which he only invited girls,come to think of it i haven"t heard from him since.

ha ha ha, I'd be interested to hear Daves review too

Back
Top Bottom